My dear, sweet boy...you are growing up so fast. For your three-month birthday, Daddy and I bought you a jumper. You have always loved standing and bouncing around on our laps, so we knew this would be the perfect fit. Needless the say, the second I sat you in there, you were nothing but smiles. (Then again, you're usually nothing but smiles).
And, you gave me a very special gift yourself. You slept for eight hours straight last night! 8:30 to 4:15. Your sleeping habits fluctuate so much. Some nights you only wake up once, some nights three times. And, there's nothing we do differently beforehand. It's only the first waking that you're hungry. All subsequent wakings you just need help falling back asleep. I wait to see if you can fall back asleep on your own, but usually it turns into a cry.
Your eyes are still blue. Some moments they look bluer than blue that they are almost purple. Other moments they look slate gray with only a touch of blue. My fingers are still crossed that they stay blue because I would love to have a blue-eyed boy.
Aside from your eyes, you have been showing off a cute little dimple on your left cheek! Both cheeks have a kind of dimple look to them when you smile, but you have a sure "dot," if you will, on your left cheek. Your smile is the cutest on the block and makes me melt every time.
Your personality is really beginning to shine. You are forming opinions in things that you like, don't like, etc. You love to be held so you can look around. You cannot stand when we cradle you, unless we're standing and bouncing while doing so.
Your screams are LOUD!!! I always thought Ella was going to be the louder child, but wow, when you get in the mood for some screaming, you put Ella to shame. Most screams are just your way of letting us know you want to be held. STAT!
You are really getting into a routine. You have a clear time mid-morning where you want to nap and then you have a clear time during the evening (and when we're lucky, it's during our dinner time) that you want to nap. You're ready to sleep by 8:00 and, lately, you've been getting very, very grumpy at night. That could be why you're sleeping better...you get yourself so worked up right before you hit the hay.
You're pretty much a cat napper, though, and you cat nap throughout the day, other than a couple longer naps.
Overall, you are still a very mellow baby. Sometimes you just lay on the ground and kick forever, without a care in the world. You love to be held, but you don't mind who holds you or how. You let your big sister carry you around all the time (under close supervision) and basically treat you like her little doll, and you just stare back at her and smile.
You let out your first laugh a couple weeks ago, and to no surprise, it was at your big sister. She was making you punch her face and you got the biggest kick out of it.
I just love listening to you talk. You love to talk when you're tired. You're all swaddled up and you just stare up at my face and talk to me. What about? I don't know, but I listen for attentively and talk right back at you. And, when you're really playful, you love to talk to us while drinking from your bottle. You start smiling and then give us a conversation of cute little coos. All with the nipple in your mouth and formula dripping from the corners of your mouth. These are some of my favorite moments with you.
As for how big you are, I have no idea! But, you are comfortably wearing 3 to 6-month clothes, and even some 6 month outfits. You mainly wear 3-month clothes, though, but they are getting tighter by the day (literally). You're going to grow up and look just like your daddy. You pretty much already do!
I've had a wonderful three months with you, and I'm falling more and more in love with you each and everyday. You're my little miracle and you have blessed me more than I deserve. I love you so much.
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
He seems like such a laid back baby, and so peaceful when he sleeps! We have that same jumper and Chloe loves it!
Love the pictures! You look wonderful and so happy in the picture of the two of you.
Goodness gracious - I can't believe how big he already is!
(I also can't believe I've been away for so long!)
I'm playing serious catch-up on your little cutie!
Post a Comment