I'll start this out with your 4-month stats. My, you are a growing boy! You weighed 18 pounds, exactly, and your length was 25-3/4 inches. You are growing so fast. According to Baby Center, you are in the 50th to 75th percentile in length, and the 75th to 90th percentile in weight. I beg to differ, though, because I think your weight should be off the charts. You are a solid boy, but I guess your weight is "normal."
Ella was 3 pounds lighter and 2 inches longer at the same age, so you definitely have a stockier, huskier build that Big Sister. Ella does have a lengthy physique, though. She's not necessarily tall, but she has long, slender arms and legs and a long, slender stomach. You have Popeye arms. No joke. Your forearms are huge!
You have found your voice. Wait, let me rephrase that. You have found your SCREAM! You love to screech. You have such a happy screech.
You have also found your laugh. It is the cutest, happiest sound in the world.
I feel like you are happier than most babies. Of course, I realize I'm biased, but honestly...you are smiling and laughing ALL THE TIME. Ella was never like this. Ella was a much more serious baby. In fact, I went through videos of her during this age, and I only have two videos of her laughing and one of her coo-ing. You, on the other hand, too many to count.
You love to talk, especially when laying on your changing table.
You wake up every morning between 6:00 and 7:00, and you just carry a lengthy conversation with yourself about who knows what. I just lay in bed and listen to you on the monitor, smiling to myself, thanking God for such a happy boy.
You are now eating cereal three times a day. At first, you hated it, but now you eat like a champ. We have you on a pretty good schedule. I feed you at the table when Sister eats her breakfast, and then early afternoon after you wake up from your nap, and then we feed you around 7:00 at night. You drink formula between those meals. I don't know what's "normal" for a baby to be eating at your age, but I just listen to you, and I think you know when food is going to come, so you don't freak out when you're getting hungry because you understand your schedule and know to wait it out.
The only time you fuss/cry is when you're tired, and that's an easy fix. When home, I just lay you in bed, tuck some covers around the lower half of your body, give you the binky and leave. When you're tired enough, you are able to self sooth yourself to sleep. I hardly rock you anymore. I just lay you down when it's time to sleep and you fall asleep.
I think much of this is due to the fact that you are no longer binky-handicapped. It wasn't until you were maybe four months old that you finally began to understand the art of sucking the binky, and ever since, car rides have become much better. I only let you have it when we're driving or when it's time to sleep. When we're just hanging out at home, I don't let you have it. I'd prefer for you not to get too attached to it.
You have two bottom teeth that sprouted around the same time.
You love to gnaw on your thumbs, but you don't really suck.
You LOVE LOVE LOVE to jump in your jumper. That is definitely the best money we've spent on you thus far (other than the thousands of dollars to bring you life!). During the morning, you literally stay in there for an hour straight. You work yourself to exhaustion and then you let me know you're ready for a morning nap.
You typically take three naps a day. Morning, early afternoon and evening. You like to take little cat naps here and there, too.
You love to kick, and still aren't the biggest fan of tummy time. You rolled over from your tummy to your back one time, but that was a fluke deal because you haven't again since. You are just kinda a blob. You don't roll and you don't move from where we put you. But, oh, put you in the jumper, and you go to town! And, you only jump on your right leg. Silly boy! :)
You are just such a joy. You are everything I dreamed of, and more! You and your sister complete me in a way that I cannot describe. God created me to be your guys' mom, and God created you guys to be my children. We're a perfect match! A match made in Heaven. :)
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys hit the jackpot in the sweet baby boy department.
So happy for all of you, that things are going so well.
He really does sound like such a happy baby. I love the moments in the morning when I just get to listen Chloe talk to herself - best ever. Those jumpers are awesome aren't they?
Post a Comment