You had your 6-month check-up and shots today. As you age, it gets harder and harder to watch you get shots. You just stared at me with your big blue eyes, wanting to be held, and after the first prick, you were just so upset. The second I picked you up, you calmed down, though. And, Sister was comforting you as well, telling you that the next time she gets a shot, she will be brave to show you how to not cry.
So, what have you been up to this month?
Well, you are talking. A lot. You screech so loud, all the time! You have an opinion about everything, and you especially love talking on your changing table. Oh, and after we feed you a bottle and burp you, you just lean on our shoulder and loudly tell us in our ear what's on your mind.
You are pretty good at sleeping. While teething (which you're going through right now), you are up three to four times a night. Nothing a binky can't fix, though. Typically, though, you wake up between 3:00 and 4:00 wanting a bottle. Then, you pretty easily go back to sleep. However, if you wake up around 5:00 for this feeding, it's tricky, because you are starting to wake up for the day, so getting you back to sleep takes more effort.
Then, like clock work, you take your morning nap exactly two hours after you wake up. On the dot. Your other naps throughout the day aren't as consistent. You get at least three naps in, and they vary in length and time. I'm just letting you tell me when you need to sleep. I can count on you to fall asleep in the car, though. Car rides are not nearly as painful as they once were.
You despise tummy time, which is likely why you are not rolling over very well yet. You've only managed to roll from your tummy to back a handful of times. The doctor wants to see you rolling over, though, since the back of your head is supposedly getting flat from laying on your back so much. I think you were born that way, but I'm not gonna argue because I do agree. You need to start rolling. Come on, baby boy!!!
Part of the reason why you're not too mobile yet is because you are quite the chunky monkey. You weigh 20 pounds, 14 ounces (75th to 90th percentile) and you are 28 inches long (90th percentile). You have Popeye arms and Arnold thighs. LOL! Daddy likes you call you a beast, and I think that suits you just fine. :)
You love your sister so much. You think she's the greatest thing in the world and everything she does is just so wonderful. You just watch her all the time. If she's in the room, your eyes are on her. And, more times than not, you have your silly little smile on your face. She makes you smile and laugh so much.
Daddy also makes you laugh so hard when he rubs his head on your tummy. Wow! Your laughter usually comes out in loud screeches. You also make funny coughing noises when you're excited. Those noises usually match the typical Tristan look that says, "I'm so happy!"
You love to bang toys now, and throw them! It seems like you may be left-handed like Daddy and Sister, because most toys end up on the left side of you. You throw with your left hand and bang with your left hand. I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Your hair is coming in thicker now, and it looks to be staying blondish. Sometimes it looks golden blonde, sometimes more brown. Either way, it's much lighter than my hair. And your eyes! Oh, your eyes! They are blue and they are going to stay that way. Deep, royal, sky blue. I could stare into your eyes all day long. (And just between you and me, I do spend a lot of my day doing just that! Shhh!). :)
It's been a wonderful six months, Tristan Nathaniel. You make me smile so much. You truly are a happy, vocal, caring baby. You love to cuddle, you love to touch our faces when we talk to you, you're patient when we don't quickly meet your needs, you give Sister confidence because you are always encouraging her with your stares and smiles, and you have just filled this family with so much joy.













2 comments:
Awh - great post. I was just writing a 6 month post on my family blog as well!! Crazy how time is flying by.
How is he already 6 months old?! Not possible! But I guess it is.
I love the picture of him and Ella in bed snuggling!
Post a Comment