I try to share in her excitement - I honestly do! I ask questions, smile, tell her wonderful things about second grade, and how proud we are of her...but deep down, I'm super duper sad. To me, 2nd grade is 10 years away from 12th grade, which means I have only ONE MORE DECADE of my little Ella Bella living at home with me.
Ella is my mini-me and I cherish everyday I have with her. Even though Ella's attitude is beyond what is morally acceptable for a 6-year old, I feel that our relationship is strong. And, although very mature in so many ways (did I mention her attitude?), she is still so very young in way more ways. She plays young, she sees the world through youthful eyes, she gets exited over the littlest things (like going on a walk or having a marshmallow for dessert). One of the nicknames we have given her, "Sweetest!" holds so true. Other than the nickname Daddy gave her of Jebediah Johansan Smith. (Inside joke!).
![]() |
| Aaron and Ella on their father/daughter camping trip this past weekend. |
And, don't get me started on how quickly Tristan is growing up. Goodness! Overnight he has really started to talk and communicate. He is so expressive and eager to show love. Always giving kisses and hugs, always smiling, always letting his loved ones know just how much he loves them. I can't wait until he starts busting out "I love you!" Pretty sure there will be melting. :)
Tristan's newest and favorite words to use is "Please," although it comes out like, "Plee" or "Pleh." He loves to grab our hands and lead us to where he wants us, whether it be by the pantry because he wants a snack, out into the backyard, or over to the floor to sit by and play with him. You can see him thinking about what he wants and he lets us know. And, lots of times what he is thinking about is food. Boy, can he eat! :)
With the end of summer just around the corner and the extra busy-ness of life about to surface, my goal is to remind myself daily just how special my kids are and to cherish every moment, good and bad, with them because in the blink of an eye...well...you get the picture.
![]() |
| Tristan clearly very surprised about something. :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment