Summer has officially come to an end. Ella begins second grade tomorrow and Aaron begins his fifth year of teaching. I remember when Aaron first decided to earn his special ed teaching credential. I can't believe he's been teaching for five years already! And since then, he has earned his Master's degree in special education and is about to begin school to earn his administrative license. I'm so proud of him!
It goes without saying how busy he will be simply attending classes, writing his papers, gearing up for presentations, and earning practicum hours. Goodness!
And, then there's miss Ella - who is becoming more outgoing with each day. She is continuing taking ballet classes (she will be in her fourth year of dance), but this year we decided to enroll her in a jazz class, too. She's very excited. She's also going to MPact Girl's Club every Wednesday night at church. She wants to play soccer, too, but with how busy our lives already are, I'm not sure if I can commit to Saturday games and a mid-week practice. I know how awful that sounds, but our days are already busy enough. :(
So, my plan is to stick to a schedule and not falter! I feel like that is what will really help us out. Our goal is to still be able to meet at the gym after we each get off work, but we will have to see how this plays out. Whenever we do go to the gym, we are only left with a couple hours at home for dinner, homework, baths, and family time. To make our weekdays more "manageable," I plan on ironing all of my and Aaron's work outfits and have Ella's lunches made for the week (minus her sandwich) every Sunday night.
I just know this next year is going to FLY by. I want to cherish every moment of everyday with my kids, and I really hope that how busy our lives are going to be won't make them feel neglected. Aaron and I strive to make our kids a priority and for them to feel they are what is most important to us, but I'm afraid that with Daddy having to focus on his studies or going to class, the kids will begin to miss him. And, with more being on my plate at home, I hope that I will be able to find a healthy balance between household chores and necessities and being with the kids.
Life is about finding a healthy balance, and here's to the next chapter of our crazy life! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment