My last post (written 2-1/2 months ago!) spoke the truth. Life did get a whole lot busier! But, it's a good, fulfilling busy.
Aaron is plugging away towards his administrative license and will be done with his classes and practicum hours by June. He has spent a lot of time acting as principal of his school when the current principal had other commitments, and he comes home deflated, but confident and proud. As he should!
Ella is enjoying the beginning of her second grade year and all the challenges and excitement that comes along with being a 7-year old. Lately, mommy and daddy are "so mean," but that's just a sign that we are being parents first and her friends second. Ella and I are very similar in our stubbornness, but luckily Aaron is a mediator by nature and is always setting things straight. Ella talks back because she feels she is right, so Aaron and I are constantly battling against that. She never ceases to surprise me with her strength, though. She wakes up very early everyday so she can go to school with Aaron, she goes to church Wednesday evenings, she has two dance classes Thursday evenings, and she is always willing and able to go to kids club after school so Aaron and I can go to the gym. She has a busy life for a little 7-year old and I need to remember than when she talks about - because really, she is probably just needing a moment...and we all need a moment every now and again. I know I do!
Tristan has been able to spend Mondays and Tuesdays with Grandpa Gomer (Aaron's dad) the past couple of months. This has been a remarkable experience for him. They have a deep bond - a bond that we know will not sever. Because of Dan's new chemotherapy and the effects of it on him, he can no longer watching Tristan, but we are so thankful for his willingness to drive down to our house and spend time with his grandson those two days each week. It will never be forgotten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment