Sunday, March 14, 2010

Click

Have you seen the movie, "Click"?  The one where Adam Sandler plays a work-o-holic dad who can't find the time to balance his career life with his family life.  He is given a miracle remote control that can fast forward, pause, mute his life.   The clicker soon left his life meaningless.  While fast forwarding through rough times may seem appealing, it is those times that made his life what it is...makes MY life what it is.  After watching this movie a couple nights ago, Aaron and I simply looked at each other, without saying much, both knowing that we needed to see this movie at this specific time!  God knew we needed to see it.

As you all know, it has been really hard accepting God's plan for our roles as parents.  He has entrusted us with Ella, but has put a halt on entrusting us with any more children at this time.  But, although incredibly difficult and saddening, EVERY person's life has troubles!  We all can't expect to press the fast forward button on our miracle remote controls to speed us to when things are better.  For when we all have our dream jobs and are making enough money to live comfortably.  For when I am pregnant!  But is there really a "better" time.  Is that even possible?  There is no such thing as a perfect life, but it is the ATTITUDE to which you deal with life's imperfections that makes it perfect. In fact, getting through these rough times may possibly be the most rewarding part of our lives.  It shows our true character and strength!  It is so easy to live joyfully when everything goes your way, but living your life with the same amount of joy even when things turn sour is a true reflection of your inner self.

"Click" also emphasized the importance of family.  Career should NEVER come before family...never, ever ever!  But for me, a career isn't coming before family, but my infertility is!  I think about it so often, that even what I do have...my wonderful husband and perfect daughter...are put on the back burner.  Embarrassing and incomprehensible, but true.  Don't get me wrong, though.  Aaron and Ella are my world!  Imagining my life without Aaron's hugs or Ella's laughter is...gosh, just thinking about it puts a frog in my throat.

And even though I would love to fast forward to when I'm pregnant, I can't take away the days God has given me.  Realistically, fast forwarding through life is impossible, but do you ever find yourself looking forward to something in the future that even the power of now is forgotten?  Tomorrow is Monday already and I'm sure many of you are already wanting for Friday to hurry up.  You get the picture.  And even though looking forward to upcoming events or experiences is fine and dandy, taking away from the beauty of today should never be lost.  I can't lose these days with my 3-year old daughter for the day when I find out I'm pregnant.  I can't focus all my attention on my future, the hope of getting pregnant, when I have been given the gift of today to show Aaron and Ella how much they mean to me, to live every minute of today with purpose.

So, with all this said, I wholeheartedly recommend any of you who haven't seen "Click," to watch it, and then let me know what you think!

No comments: