However, this morning, I got a positive ovulation predictor test!!! I immediately called my doctor and she performed a sonogram first thing this morning. My doctor said the Clomid must've delayed ovulation, which apparently is a frequent side effect. Talk about relief! As for my sonogram, she first checked the follicles on my right side, and the biggest ones were only 1 mm, which is not nearly big enough for ovulation (2 mm or more is necessary). I felt a tug of worry and fear. What if I wasn't ovulating properly? What if the follicles were not big enough?
So, my doctor then checked my left side and even before she told me, I knew the good news! Usually I can't decipher anything on the screen, but I immediately saw this massive circle. The follicle measured to be 3 mm, which she said means there was hyperstimulation of my ovaries, which is also a side effect of Clomid. No wonder I was having such awful pains! She then progressed to check if there was fluid behind my uterus (remember me telling you that it's a sign that ovulation has recently occurred?). Well, sure enough, there was fluid! So, she predicts that I'm ovulating TWICE this month (thanks to the Clomid), meaning I'm releasing two eggs! And yes, you guessed it, that means there would be a chance of having twins. I just pray one of those eggs fertilizes. She told me to get home and get busy, and as you can imagine, I blushed when she told me that.
On another note, this Spring California weather is absolutely wonderful. Ella and I spend most of our afternoons together outdoors. It's hard not to when it's just so perfect outside! With the sunshine and cool breeze, I can't help but feel an overwhelming presence of God. Sometimes I find myself closing my eyes, taking in a deep breath of the fresh air and thanking God for the gift of today, the power of now, the beauty of the present. We recently bought 4 Queen Palms for our backyard, and once those are all planted, it'll be even nicer to hang out in our work-in-progress backyard. I'm looking forward to warmer weather, longer days and evening BBQs!
4 comments:
Struggle is the strong wind,
That you cannot see,
Stress is the ship,
Lost out at sea.
Hardship is the snowflake,
Floating unpredictably.
Life is like a piano,
What you hear is what you feel, and what you feel is the "key".
Follow your senses,
John Lennon said "Let It Be",
For you can never give up,
For something you want so badly.
Keep pace with God,
Trace his feet in the sand,
For our future ahead?
...Has Already Been Planned.
Bobbi That is sooo great to hear! I'm really really happy for you. And even if this month is not THE month, this should give you a huge sense of relief. And less stress will help baby come along sooner!
Stay strong girly, you'll get there.
Oh my goodness! I love Aaron's poem--it captures it all. I'm happy for you, Sister! Not because you're ovulating (which is a good thing!), but that you're finding peace with God right now! It's been a long journey for you to get to this point and I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Celebrate your relationship with God when all else fails, because this is THE most important relationship you'll ever have :)
I love you,
Sister
Bobbi-
I was thrilled to read this post and I am going to be sending many prayers your way! **hugs**
Post a Comment