Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cancer Attacks My Family Again

As I've mentioned before, my father-in-law has cancer. It started off as prostate cancer, but has since spread to bone cancer. He has been undergoing chemotherapy for months now, and I'm happy to report no new cancer has been found! Praise God!

But, a few weeks ago, I received news that my grandma has cancer. Her case is quite similar to my father-in-law's in that cancer was discovered and removed, but it was too late and had already spread.

My beautiful grandma starts chemotherapy tomorrow, and I just wanted to write this brief post to ask for you to lift her up in your prayers. The unknown is so scary. And, I'm sure she's really scared. So, please pray for God's peace as she begins chemotherapy, and pray that it does what it's supposed to and kicks cancer's butt!

Grandpa, Grandma, Dad, Ella, Mom, me and Aaron

Love you, Grandma! :)

6 comments:

Bridget said...

My prayers are with your grandma- I hope she will beat cancer! hugs!

Hillary said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I am praying right now for her! xoxox

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear this....I have been in this place before. Unfortunately they caught my grandma's too late and we lost her but my father-in-law is still fighting. I will keep your family in my prayers.

-Coakley

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

Oh kiddo, I'm so sorry! Sounds like fighting hard runs in the family though! Hang in there Grandma!

~Julia

Jessica White said...

I'll be praying for you all, and your grandma.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh Bobbi....I am so sorry :( Cancer is terrifying and the journey can be overwhelming. If you need anything, please let me know. xoxo