Friday, July 1, 2011

17 Weeks

How Far Along: 17 weeks!

Size of Baby: He/she is the size of an onion! (About 5 inches from head to bottom).

Picture of Baby: I will have some in a few short days to share with ya'll. :)

17 Weeks: Baby Johnson's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — his/her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. He/She can move his/her joints, and his/her sweat glands are starting to develop. (Information from BabyCenter's website).

Maternity Clothes: Completely all that I wear!

Weight Gain: Didn't weigh myself this week, but I'm sure I'm up.

Belly Pic: None this week. Sorry!

Stretch Marks: None from this pregnancy...yet!

Sleep: Lousy! I just can't sleep good at all! I don't know what my deal is. I just toss and turn from side to side. I hug Aaron, I hug my pillow, I sleep on my back, I lean on Aaron, I throw the covers off, I snuggle them up tight, I pee. And then I do that all again a dozen more times. It's going to be a long five months of sleeping if I'm already having a hard time getting comfortable.

Best Moment of the Week: Talking baby names with my parents. That was a lot of fun!

Movement: Baby moved A LOT this week!!! Constant flutters that are starting to feel more solid. When he/she moves, I put my hand on my stomach and I can feel the movement from the outside. So exciting!

Symptoms: Throwing up, still. I don't necessarily feel nauseous, I just all of a sudden need to hurl! And now, embarrassing enough, I "dink" every time I throw up. And, by "dink," I mean I pee in my pants. With the baby getting bigger and pressing on my bladder now, every time I throw up, I pee, too! One time, in fact, I threw up at work and Aaron had to bring me a change of clothes. How embarrassing! :( Other than that, I've been feel round ligament pain, especially when the three of us go on our evening walks.

Food Cravings: Waffles! (I craved these when pregnant with Ella, too). We got some Kirkland ones from Costco. Yum!

Gender: We'll have a definitive answer on July 5th! Eeeeek!!!

What I Miss: Sleeping well, and by that, I mean sleeping on my tummy. 

What I'm Looking Forward to: Finding out the baby's gender (for sure)! July 5th can't get here soon enough!

Weekly Wisdom: I got nothing this week!

Milestones: Nothing extraordinary this week. Just getting through yet another week, which means I'm one more week closer to meeting this little bean!

Emotions: Just happy. Still hard to completely wrap my mind around that I'm pregnant. It still feels so surreal to me!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I can't wait to hear what you're having!! And I hear ya in the sleep dept, tossing and turning is all I do too!

Hillary said...

I can't wait until July 5th! How exciting for you guys (and us too!).

Ya'll have a great weekend!

xoxox

Amy said...

Cant believe we are already 17 weeks! Always thinking of you!

Miss Mac said...

Oh, I want to feel the movement too! Sleeping... I couldn't have said it better! Sometimes I give up and move to the couch to at least give DH a break from all that tossing and turning. Good news? Well, it's all good but still... We're closer to being half-way, woo hoo!