Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lame Blogger Award

I don't know what my deal is! I used to blog religiously at least every other night. I would look forward to when Ella went to sleep, so that I could sit at my laptop and let my thoughts flow. I would get so excited!

Now, not so much.

And even though I still have that same passion about blogging, I'm just having a hard time seeing it through!

I used to think it's due to my pregnancy. And yes, during my first trimester, I was lacking motivation for obvious reasons. I was exhausted and sick. All. The. Time.

But, now I'm in my "energetic trimester" (and I do have energy back!), yet, I'm still unable to blog more than my weekly pregnancy update.

Can you say, "Lame????"

So, for that reason, I am awarding myself the Lame Blogger Award.

I really hope I get my writing groove back. I don't want to force myself to write. I don't want blogging to become a responsibility because then it'll become a negative. I just hope my creativity decides to show itself again. I want blogging to become that positive in my life again.

Okay, that's it for now. :)

7 comments:

Micha said...

It will come back, when it wants to. I go in cycles of writing and then nothing for months, or years even. No doubt when your buba is born you will want to blog heaps, but have no time ... lol I enjoy the weekly updates, and if that is all you are inspired to do at the moment, then let that be that.

Ericka said...

It's probably a bit tough to think of things to write about when so many of your readers come from an infertility aspect. As much as it initially hurts when one of my friends gets their BFP and I do not, I always come around and am genuinely happy for them (without being sad for me at the same time).

Also, when you were not pregnant, you had a part of you that was un-fulfilled and difficult to talk about with others...being pregnant is not hard to talk about with others, so you probably get a lot of that out without having to turn to writing.

It is ok. Enjoy your pregnancy, there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Hillary said...

I think you should make an actaul award for that just so you can pass it to me too! :)

Blame it on the fact that you're pregnant and it's summertime!

lots of love xoxoxo

Bridget said...

I feel the same way, so I'll give myself the lame blogger award too :)

Kim said...

I think blogging is therapeutic for many of us and often when you reach your goal and the ehartache and pain dissipates, there is often not much to write about, Although I havent gotten pregnangt, because I havent been focused on trying and more on my health, I often find myself with nothing to write about. And your right, you want it to free flow from your heart, not be a responsibility to be endured. We are here to read whenever you feel inspired to write. xoxoxox

Michelle said...

It's so ok sweets. We all have our moments when we just can't seem to write it out.
I've had a very hard time since getting pregnant, making the transition from infertile blogger to pregnancy blogger.

Cori said...

Although I have been missing your posts, I totally understand. I am sure you will get back into your groove at some point:) Thanks so much for your sweet and reassuring comments on my posts. It does help to hear it from girls who know the feelings oh so well!