She went to this preschool for the past two years. First, in a 3-year old class and then in an actual preschool class. I grew to love the staff, the teachers...everybody! It was a safe haven for Ella where I trusted she would be loved, respected, and taught not only her ABCs, 123s and Bible stories (it was a Christian-based school), but invaluable life lessons she could learn nowhere else. A comfortable, familiar environment filled with love - a love for God and His special children.
And, now this place is gone. It is no longer a part of our lives.
I know that sounds ultra dramatic, but that is how I feel! I feel like I've lost something very near and dear to me.
I'm taking this a lot harder than I thought I would.
I'd like to blame my pregnancy hormones for the uncontrollable babbling and sobbing, but I know I'd be just as bad without those to blame.
Today marked the last day I got to drive Ella down the street to her preschool - a route we drove together every weekday for the past two years. How am I going to train myself to turn right instead of left off my street? How am I not going to think about all of our little talks on our way to her preschool, discussing anything from the weather to her friends, from her being brave to her being shy, from what day of the week it was to how many more days to "happy weekend" (as she likes to call it).
I'm going to miss our morning routine.
I'm going to miss her teacher's warm, dimpled smile when we'd walk in the classroom every morning.
I'm going to miss Ella's stories from the day as I picked her up.
I'm going to miss having arts and crafts on my kitchen table everyday, where Ella proudly laid everything out on display.
I'm going to miss being the mom of a preschooler.
Now, I'm technically the mom of a kindergartener and I really don't know how I feel about that. I refuse to accept she's old enough to be in kindergarten. I'm in denial. At least I have all summer to wrap my mind around this.
To end this very sad post on a happy note, check out this fun art Ella did at school!
Ella said she sees a strong daddy. I see a Transformer. :)

5 comments:
LOL! Love the strong Daddy!
Oh that pic is so cute! Endings are hard. No matter what kind it is.
Omg the strong daddy is so cute!!!! I understand missing the place where your daughter was being molded, & loved into the lovely lady she is becoming. I hope she continues to have great experiences as she advances through life. Xoxoxoxo
What a huge milestone... big steps forward for you all :) Love the picture :)) Thinking of you always xoxo
newyearmum2blogspot.com
I understand how hard these changes are. Our kiddo's wonderful home daycare provider retired on May 31st. My son is doing great at his new daycare but the loss of his first daycare family has hit me kinda hard. But such is life, always changing.
I love that strong daddy artwork. :)
Post a Comment