Saturday, June 25, 2011

16 Weeks

How Far Along: 16 weeks!

Size of Baby: He/she is the size of an avocado!

Picture of Baby: I will hopefully have one to share after my ultrasound on July 5th.

16 Weeks: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, Baby Johnson will double his/her weight and add inches to his/her length. Right now, he/she is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His/her legs are much more developed, his/her head is more erectthan it has been, and his/her eyes have moved closer to the front of his/her head. His/Her ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his/her scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He/She is even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his/her heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop. (Information from BabyCenter's website).

Maternity Clothes: Completely all that I wear!

Weight Gain: Still down 5 pounds.

Belly Pic: I don't really feel like taking a picture, so here's a picture taken this past week when we went to Yosemite. Ella's about to jump off the boulder and I'm giving her space, while ready to pounce on her if anything goes wrong. :)


Stretch Marks: None from this pregnancy...yet!

Sleep: Good nights and bad nights. I'm consistently waking up around 4:00 in the morning, and not able to fall back asleep very easily.

Best Moment of the Week: Best moment was probably going to Yosemite as a "family of four."

Movement: Baby moved A LOT this week!!! Constant flutters that are starting to feel more solid. I keep telling Aaron any day now he'll be able to feel him/her move. I can't wait!

Symptoms: Nauseau...still. But, not nearly as bad. Oh, and heartburn, at night especially, has been bothering me. But, other than that, I'm good!

Food Cravings: Nothing too noticeable.

Gender: We'll have a definitive answer on July 5th! :)

What I Miss: Morning coffee.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Finding out the baby's gender (for sure)!

Weekly Wisdom: Listen to your body, and don't be ashamed! While hiking in Yosemite, I rested and hydrated myself whenever I felt like I needed to. If I didn't, I would start feeling lightheaded.

Milestones: Nothing extraordinary this week. Just getting through yet another week, which means I'm one more week closer to meeting this little bean!

Emotions: I feel good. I feel happy.

6 comments:

Hillary said...

You look soo cute in your pciture! I can't wait to hear what the gender of the baby is!

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far!

Lots of Love xoxox

Stephanie said...

I agree with Hillary, you are adorable! I can't believe its 16 weeks already!! And yay for getting the gender next week - super exciting!!

Anonymous said...

You look so adorable! Congratulations on 16 weeks. I can't wait to find out if you're on team blue or team pink! :)

Heidi said...

You are too cute in your picture!! Cannot wait to find out baby Johnson's gender!!

Cori said...

So cute! Wow! 16 weeks! I can't wait to hear what you're having!!!!!!!

Kim said...

So very cute, looking good mamma!!! I cant wait for the gender reveal either! Congrats on making this far along :)