How Far Along: 14 weeks!
Size of Baby: He/she is the size of a lemon!
Picture of Baby: Since a lot of you had trouble viewing the ultrasound video I posted earlier, here it is again. I embedded it differently, so this should work for you all.
14 Weeks: This week's big developments: Baby Johnson can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his/her facial muscles are getting a workout as his/her tiny features form one expression after another. His/her kidneys are producing urine, which he/she releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he/she will keep up until birth.
In other news: Baby Johnson's stretching out. From head to bottom, he/she measures 3 1/2 inches —about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His/her body's growing faster than his/her head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his/her arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his/her body. (His/her legs still have some lengthening to do.). (Information from BabyCenter's website).
In other news: Baby Johnson's stretching out. From head to bottom, he/she measures 3 1/2 inches —about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His/her body's growing faster than his/her head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his/her arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his/her body. (His/her legs still have some lengthening to do.). (Information from BabyCenter's website).
Maternity Clothes: Still need to buy. I keep wearing the same clothes over and over and over again.
Weight Gain: I do believe the upward climb has begun. I gained a pound this week. Still down 4-ish pounds, though, but that is not likely to last much longer.
Belly Pic: None this week. I likely look pretty much the same as last week. :)
Stretch Marks: None from this pregnancy...yet!
Sleep: Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Getting up 3 to 4 times a night to pee, which is a pain, but I know it's nothing compared to nights with a newborn.
Best Moment of the Week: Being asked by a mom at Ella's dance class if I'm expecting. I've passed the "put on a few pounds in the mid-range" look and am now rounder and more pregnant-looking.
Movement: Lots of flutters and tickles! Just waiting to feel bigger movement. Can't wait for that to happen!
Symptoms: I'm not nearly as nauseas. In fact, I think I threw up only three times this whole week, which is how much I threw up in a day earlier in this pregnancy. I have more energy, which I'm loving. Simply enjoying being pregnant.
Food Cravings: Nothing noticeably outstanding this week.
Gender: We'll have a definitive answer on July 5th! :)
What I Miss: Sleeping on my tummy. It's just not comfortable anymore.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Finding out the baby's gender!
Weekly Wisdom: Keep Tums on the nightstand. When you lay down at night, heartburn gets worse. (At least it did for me!).
Milestones: Taking it a day at a time, just very grateful to have made it to the undebatable second trimester (since some say 12 weeks and 13 weeks).
Emotions: Creative. Every time I pass the office, I think of how I'm going to decorate it for the baby's nursery. :)
9 comments:
I'm so glad things are going well for you. I had never considered that a baby would pee whilst still in there, gotta admit I said 'Ewwwww' out loud ... lol
So happy things are going well! I can't believe your already @ 14 weeks :) I have to admit I can't WAIT to hear about the gender! I'm excited just thinking about it.
Many(((HUGS)))!!!
I can't believe you are already entering the 2nd trimester! Time sure does fly. Have a great weekend!
Is it too early to start the voting process that you're having a boy? :) Glad that you are feeling so well and that things are going so smoothly!
Ya'll have a great weekend!
xoxox Hillary from Our Hopeful Life!
It's great that you are throwing up less! I know you can't WAIT for that piece to be over completely! Hope it's soon!
That was so neat! I have never seen an ultrasound of a baby before. Thanks for sharing! Glad you are feeling better and better.
Oh and I think you are having a boy!
I love week 14!! Can't believe we are already this far, but still have so much to look forward to. Always thinking of you!
Wonderful news that you're in T2 :)) Love to you always xoxo
{newyearmum2.blogspot.com}
Post a Comment