Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What's Been Keeping Me Busy

This past week has been busy for me. Busy doing what?

Rehearsals and recitals for Ella's dance!

This was the first time Ella took a ballet/tap class through an actual dance studio (her two previous classes were 10-week programs offered through the City). I never knew how big of an endeavor the performing week is, so I went into it blindly. But, boy, my eyes are opened now.

I volunteered to help with the girls for the dress rehearsal and the first recital, which was a lot of fun, but also exhausting. Dealing with seven 4-5 year olds while pregnant took all my energy, but I'm glad I was there for Ella. She definitely has her spurts of shyness that I feel the need to mend to. After all, if Aaron and I try to open her up and try new things, we need to be soft with her when she feels a little uncomfortable. We can't expect too much from her. Plus, if she has half of me in her (the queen of shyness), I know how she feels and I want to be there for her. Be her anchor of confidence to let her know she can do it!

And, she proved that over and over again this past week! She rocked that stage! She tipped and tapped her little heart away, and I couldn't be more proud!

So, I will leave you with some pictures of my little dancing cutie pie!

All ready for her dress rehearsal!


Posing for some pictures Thursday evening before that night's recital.




Pictures from Thursday night's recital.



All ready for Saturday's recital!




Pictures from Saturday's recital.






And, last but not least, a couple pictures taken after Saturday's recital.


Last week was busy, but simply wonderful. Ella shines, pure and simple, and I am just the proudest mama. I am so proud of the little girl she is becoming.

Now, to decide what dance class to enroll her in for the Fall! :)

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness, she is precious! LOVE all of her dance pictures.

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

Super cute!!!!

waiting and wishing said...

too cute!

Life Happens said...

She is adorable! Looks like you have a great performer on your hands. Maybe baby #2 will come out dancing too!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Oh the cuteness! She is just precious!
xo

China Doll said...

Such cute pictures and a beautiful little girl! xx

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I could just eat that sweet girl up!!! So adorable :)

Anonymous said...

She is just too too cute! I love the dance coustume!

xoxox Hillary

Jessica White said...

She is so absolutely and utterly adorable! I remember those dance days....long ago.

Tired? Really? Who would think that running around after a bunch of kids while pregnant would be tiring! ;-) haha