Friday, June 17, 2011

15 Weeks

How Far Along: 15 weeks!

Size of Baby: He/she is the size of an orange!

Picture of Baby: None. :(

15 Weeks: Baby Johnson now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces. He/She is busy moving amniotic fluid through his/her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in his/her lungs begin to develop. His/Her legs are growing longer than his/her arms now, and he/she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although his/her eyelids are still fused shut, he/she can sense light. If I shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, he/she is likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for Baby Johnson to taste at this point, but he/she is forming taste buds. (Information from BabyCenter's website).

Maternity Clothes: I went shopping with my mom this past weekend. Finally! I got a handful of shirts and two pairs of capris. I'm set! :)

Weight Gain: Because I had a rough week keeping stuff down, I lost the pound that I gained. So, still down roughly 5 to 6 pounds. Once the sickness is gone for good, I'm sure the upward climb will officially begin. Can't wait (not!).

Belly Pic: I felt weird taking a belly pic by myself with my iMac in front of Aaron, so he jumped in and we got a goofy pic of us both laughing. :)


Stretch Marks: None from this pregnancy...yet!

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good. If I wake up, it's hard to fall back asleep. And, I think the heat is playing a role in how well I'm sleeping.

Best Moment of the Week: Ella asking me about the baby. All. The. Time. Rubbing my belly. Giving my belly kisses. She's already being such a loving big sister.

Movement: The baby has been moving less this week. That doesn't make me too happy. I still feel some sort of fluttering everyday, but not nearly as much as I was a couple weeks ago. When I poke at him/her, he/she sometimes rolls around, as if to say, "Mom, stop waking me up!" :)

Symptoms: My nausea re-surfaced this week. Big time. I'm so tired of throwing up! :(

Food Cravings: Nothing too noticeable.

Gender: We'll have a definitive answer on July 5th! :)

What I Miss: Feeling un-nauseaus.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Finding out the baby's gender (for sure)!

Weekly Wisdom: Drink lots and lots of water, especially when the weather gets warmer.

Milestones: Getting through my second episode of spotting. Yes, you heard right (and I didn't blog about this yet), but a few days ago, I had some brown spotting. It didn't last long, but it freaked me out. My OB-GYN had warned me that I had some old blood behind my uterus and that I should expect spotting, but he told me that 6 weeks ago, so I figured it wasn't going to happen. I just laid on the couch, prayed, kept my emotions in check (kind of), and when I woke up the next morning, there was nothing in sight. Even though I felt everything was fine (especially since I'm into my second trimester), a pregnant woman can't help but worry whenever she sees blood.

Emotions: Just grateful. As I continue to read blogs about women still trying to conceive, I really see how blessed I truly am. God has been so good to me, and I'm continuously praying for every woman who so desires to be a mom, to be given such a blessing.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture of the two of you! I love it!

I'm sorry to hear about the spotting. I just hate it when you finally feel settled into a not-worried state of pregnancy and then something weird goes and happens. :( I'm so glad that it stopped quickly!

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

xoxox Hillary

Anonymous said...

So glad things are going so well :)

Bridget said...

such a cute picture! Sorry to hear about the spotting, I hope you don't see anymore for the rest of your pregnancy!

Faith makes things possible said...

Such a cute picture! Praying your nausea goes away!

Rach said...

So pretty!

Miranda said...

Great picture! Your husband looks like he's having a great time!

I'm excited to keep up with your journey. Keep up with the happy pictures :)

China Doll said...

Lovely picture! Sorry to hear about the spotting but sounds like you've handled it well :)

Amy said...

Look how adorable you are! I felt like my stomach popped out this week and I'm so excited! Always keeping you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the spotting was nothing. cant wait to find out :)

H said...

Bobbi,

I've been meaning to comment forever, but I just have to say, you look ADORABLE!!! I am still just ecstatic for you and your family, and it is such a joy seeing the progression of this precious little miracle. Ya'll are in my thoughts all the time. :)