Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's A...

Healthy, stubborn baby!  And, by stubborn, I mean...he/she didn't move ONCE during the entire ultrasound. The back was turned turned upwards, so the baby was looking down, and other than a few hand waves, he/she was contently sleeping. With the legs tightly squeezed. Immovable. Uncooperative. Just sleeping.

Aaron was nervous at first. Since the baby was bigger, it was harder to find the flickering heart right away, and because he/she wasn't moving, he immediately started thinking the worse.

And, I, uncharacteristically, was the calmer one. Mainly because I had felt this baby moving most of the morning and, in fact, during the 1-1/2 hours we had to wait. So, in other words, if the doctor was ON TIME, we likely would've been able to see the goods.

In an effort to get the baby to open those legs up just a little or to get him/her to move into a more cooperative positive for a little looksy, the doctor shook him/her, but there was not even a slight budge. This baby is a deep sleeper...just like Daddy! :)

So, my big gender reveal post will have to *knock on wood* wait until my next scheduled ultrasound on Monday, July 18th.

My doctor had Aaron and me SO convinced at our 13-week ultrasound with the "most likely you're having" prediction he gave us. He looked at our file and saw that he his notes had a strong conviction a month ago, but that he cannot match that today. Simply because there was nothing to see. Nothing.

But, that's all for the complaining, because other than that, our little Johnson is growing right on track and is a healthy little bugger.

The heart rate was 142 bpm. Average.

Baby Johnson measured 18 weeks 2 days. On the calendar, I am 17 weeks 4 days. Above average.

Baby Johnson's femur bone measured to be 1 inch long. Random fact, but interesting.

Baby Johnson weighs a whopping half pound. Woo hoo!

14 comments:

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

Booo! Oh well, July 18th then!

Life Happens said...

What a modest little baby! So happy that baby is healthy. Can't wait for the big reveal soon. :)

Micha said...

Classic! He/She is already playing tricks on you .... lol

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

Glad to hear Baby is nice and healthy! Too bad he/she was a little sleepy and modest ;) I'm going today for my 16 week US and reallly hoping for a active baby that shows the goods. Looks like I should pack a snack just in case!

Nic said...

Pleased he/she is healthy and doing well!
Shame you did not get to find out the sex though!

Angie said...

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't get to find out the gender, but I'm glad everything else is well. I hope the 18th comes quickly for you.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Yea for a healthy baby!

Lauren and Clint said...

At least this is 'fun' waiting! :)

Jess said...

Maddie was the same way!! SO very stubborn!!! Hope you can see on the 18th.

Anonymous said...

Arggggg....stubburn little babe!!!! LEast it is healthy and happy :)

Anonymous said...

Awww....so sorry you didnt find out. Seems like everyone is finding out this week. I will be "hopefully" finding out what the twins are on the 18th as well. Get some sugar in you before you go in :)

Jessica White said...

I'm glad that Baby J is doing well....if they didn't give up the goods :-)

Venessa said...

Maybe baby really wants it to be a surprise! Ours did that a few times too:). So happy to hear that all is going well!

Miss Mac said...

Lol, we had the same exact experience but you know by now I went on some kind of u/s mission the next day:] Try the cup of orange juice before the next scan. We are just so very close with these pregnancies, gonna be fun to follow along!