Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Good to Go

I had my pre-op today.  Aaron and Ella came with me, which made it...well...a much LOUDER visit.  But, it also made it more family-oriented.  My operation isn't all about me...it's about my family and my future family.  Aaron insisted on being there, and I'm glad he did.  His presence helps me feel better in any situation.  Plus, the doctor needed to walk him through everything, not just me.  I'm going to be asleep and drugged up for most of the day, so Aaron's going to have to know what's going on.  She said she will come find Aaron after the procedures are done to let him know the results.  I hope he brings a notepad and pencil becomes once I wake up, I'm going to want to know VERBATIM what my doctor said.  Haha!  Well, he'll also need a notepad for "rubbing purposes."  For those of you who know my husband, he loves (and I mean LOVES) rubbing books.  Even if it's just a sheet of paper, you'll find his thumb flicking the corner of it.  He'll need a phonebook to get him through Thursday with sanity.

So, as you all know, I'm scheduled to have the laparoscopy and hysteroscopy done, but what I didn't know is that my doctor will also be performing a D & C (dilation & curettage), in which the doctor is going to go spoon away my uterine lining (my endometrium) for testing purposes.  Fun, right?  Because I'm having the D & C done, my doctor informed me I won't be able to have sex for 2 weeks, due to the risk of infection.  Ummmm...WHAT????  Did she really just say that?  No, it's not because I'm a sex fiend and gotta have it (haha!), but because that means I won't be able to try to conceive this cycle.  I'll be ovulating before those 2 weeks are up.  I was devastated to hear that news, but I don't want to risk an infection thereby causing worse problems.  Needless to say, my heart still sinks knowing I can't even try this cycle...not even once.  Maybe I'll ovulate late.

Walking through the hospital, having my blood drawn, signing my life away in paperwork and speaking with my doctor today all made everything seem more real.  I'm good to go! I'm ready!  I'm MORE than ready!  I'm ready to check this off my list and move onto the next step.  What my next step will be depends on what the doctor finds, but whatever the next step is, it's one step closer to that positive home pregnancy test.  Oh, I simply cannot wait for that day!

Thank you, God, for my Ella, who you have blessed with a natural glow, a beautiful shine and an amazing spirit.  She outshines all the girls, not only in her ballet class, but in the entire world!  There is no other little girl like my Ella Bella, and for that, I am the luckiest mom.

1 comment:

Holli Johnson said...

I hope you know how much we love you, and how much we are rooting for you. Our prayers are with you and Aaron as you face this battle. You are so strong, and we know if you stay strong, you will succeed. The pictures you post of Ella mean so much to us as well. She is truly an amazing little girl, and we are honored to call her our niece. We miss you all, and wish we could be there with you through all of this. Thank you for all that you post, for including us in all the happenings in your lives.

~Holli (And Andy too)