I'm almost down to my pre-baby weight. Just 4 more pounds to go! But, this doesn't say much, since I had gained weight during our infertility struggles, so I'm not close to where I was before I gained the "Infertility Fifteen," (if I'm being generous).
My cut is healing well. There is definitely going to be scar tissue, but I had that with my incision from Ella's delivery, so it'll look pretty much the same. I surely feel like I'm healing a lot faster this time around, and I think a big part of that is due to the fact that I wasn't in labor for 30 hours beforehand, with 2-1/2 hours of severe pushing. My body went through so much with Ella's delivery. This time around, the delivery was like a scheduled surgery.
And with my cut healing well, I'm feeling the urge to get out and be more active. I'm able to walk faster now, which sounds ridiculous, but it feels good to not be waddling my big pregnant belly around or walking softly due to my tender incision line. I'm looking forward to power walks (and eventually jogs) with Tristan in his jogging stroller. And, "Santa" is bringing Ella a brand new bike for Christmas, so I'm sure she'll enjoy tagging along for these walks as well.
As a way to hold myself accountable on my upcoming weight loss journey, for Christmas I have asked my parents to pay for my enrollment with WeightWatchers. If I have people aware of my commitment, I will have more ways to be held accountable. I really want to lose this extra weight. As Tristan gets older, he's going to require a mom that can keep up with him, and I just know he's going to be a rambunctious handful.
I don't have a particular weight loss goal in mind. I just want to get to where I was, both with my self-esteem and with my energy level. Infertility consumed me. It sucked so much life out of me. And, now that I have "defeated" infertility (I say that with quotes because I think infertility will always leave a scar in my life), I want to find myself again. Get myself back, physically. Mentally and emotionally, I can tell I'm better. The darkness has left and I am happy again. And, goodness, it feels good to feel that joy deep down in my soul again.
Physically, I'm not where I want to be, though.
But, I'm determined to get there!
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'll be rootin' for ya!!
Good for you...hope I drop my weight that fast too!!!
Way to go, lady! I hope you are out with that jogging stroller soon. :) I dropped to my lowest weight ever within 6 months of having my kiddo; then a year ago we started fertility meds again and I have basically been up 8-10 lbs ever since. Its depressing, particularly since I don't have another pregnancy/baby to show for it. And its so hard to get out and run during this dark and cold winter months. Next month: gym membership, here I come!
I lost all my babyweight and then some after my first baby, and am now in the process of losing it all over again (45 lbs) after baby number 2! In 4 months I've lost 39 lbs! WW totally rocks and I tell any pregnant woman to do WW!
Post a Comment