Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tristan's Glowing and Growing

This is going to be a quick post, but I just wanted to show you all some pictures of Tristan from this past week and give you a quick update. His expressions and mannerisms are maturing (already!). He's still pretty mellow, but is now learning (and mastering) the art of crying. The main thing that makes him cry is changing his diaper. He just can't stand it for some reason. But, he does love baths. Place him in warm water and he stops crying immediately. He's showing signs of recognizing our voices and is very content being held. A nighttime routine is pretty much set. He wakes up every 3-1/2 to 4 hours, and we like to get him down between 9:00 and 10:00. So, he's up around 1:00 and 5:00, and is awake for about an hour each time. And, then sweet Ella wakes up before I know it and my day has begun. However, when he charges through a feeding and is tired enough, I can get him back to bed within a half hour. Usually, though, I nurse him on one side, then change his diaper, re-swaddle him and then nurse him on the other side, and after rocking him back to sleep, it takes about an hour. An hour of listening to Aaron snoring in the other room is torture, but I wouldn't trade these special times with my newborn son for anything. Even if it means constantly living in a sleep-deprived state. Thank goodness for Christmas Blend Starbucks Coffee!




Look at that smile! He's going to be such a handsome little man when he grows up.




In just a couple weeks, he's already changing! Becoming more alert, more aware and more personable.




I wonder why he's covering his ears in his sleep? Perhaps it's because of a loud big sister. :)


4 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the picture of him covering his ears! So very sweet!

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

that fifth picture makes him not even look real :) He's SO SO SO cute!

Hillary said...

He is just soo adorable Bobbie! You are beyond blessed!

xoxo

Jessica White said...

He is just so adorable! I can't believe how much I see of your husband in him!