You all are going to have to wait for the "birth story" post, but for now, I will leave you with a couple pictures of our beautiful son.
Tristan Nathaniel Johnson was born on Friday, December 2nd, at 4:56 p.m. He weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces, and was 19-3/4 inches long. (Shorter and heavier than Ella at birth, who weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces, and was 20-1/2 inches long). He has peach fuzz hair that is light brown / dark blonde in color. His eyes are either dark blue or gray. We can't tell yet. Overall, his temperament is extremely laid back and mellow. He doesn't cry much. He coos and makes a ton of fun noises, though, which just melt my heart. He is most alert / active in the morning. He loves to be held and begins waking up most times we put him down, so we have to make sure he's really asleep. In short, he is our perfect baby boy, and is fitting perfectly into our little family. We are immeasurably blessed.
Nothing like the first sound of your baby crying. I couldn't see him, but when I heard him, I just cried.
Checking vitals.
Breathing in air for the first time, crying it all in. What a big mouth!
My parents and little Ella watching Tristan get cleaned up in the nursery. It was an emotional day for all of us. :)
Ella's look is so priceless. Such love. Such adoration. Such devotion. She is such a proud big sister.
Finally getting a bit of rest after all the cleaning.
Excited Ella!
As you can see on his face, Tristan had icky "baby acne" when born, which has slowly gone away. It's very common since the baby's skin is in liquid for so long. He looks so comfortable in this picture, enjoying the extra space to stretch and relax. :)
Because Tristan initially had trouble taking in oxygen, his oxygen saturation level had to be tested. So, I didn't get to hold and love on my baby boy until over 2 hours had passed. It was so hard! Usually the mom gets to hold her baby in recovery, but not me. I just waited and waited. I wanted to see and hold him so bad! I had only seen him for a couple seconds when Aaron brought him over to me while I was being closed up, and I just remember looking at his face and saying, "He looks exactly like you." It's funny because so many of the nurses said the same thing. He really is a spitting image of his Daddy. :)
This is a picture of one of my first moments with my son. My little love.
Face of an angel.
Cheeks so rosy and full of color, very healthy.
Babies always sleep in the silliest positions. Here, Tristan is doing the dead dog pose. :)
Proud daddy. You can just see the happiness in his eyes.
Already showing off his guns.
To which Daddy then had to show off his guns. :)
So ready to go home. We were discharged at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, 49 hours after Tristan was born. It was so good to finally get home and be with Ella and officially begin our new life as a family of four.
Thinking about something serious. Either that, or pooping. :)
Monday, December 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
CoGrAtUlAtIoNs! He is soo handsome!! What a blessed family you have! I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures of your beautiful little boy!
xoxox
He is absolutely beautiful! Congrats on your new addition and I hope you are all adjusting well!
I was thinking about you on Friday! Congratulations - he is so beautiful!
Congratulations!! He is so cute!! I love the pics with daddy :) Enjoy your little family!
Congrats!! Tristan is adorable!! And, he seriously looks just like Aaron! Enjoy your perfect family of 4! I can't wait to see more pics of little man and Ella!!
My first thought after seeing his first picture was 'holy cow, he looks just like Aaron!' I'm so happy for you, Bobbi! Enjoy that sweet little family of yours.
Congrats!! He's perfect. Thinking of you and your family!
He is such a handsome little guy!! I'm so happy for you and your family.
Hooray! I've been checking every day for an update. What a beautiful baby! Congratulations!!
Congrats on a healthy little boy!! Thanks for updating us with pics. :)
Congratulations, he is beautiful and does look just like his Daddy! Thank you for the update, Ella looks so proud, how fun to begin this new chapter of your lives! xoxoxox
oh he is so sweet!! Congratulations! I love the pictures of Ella!
What a perfect angel. COngratulations. SO happy for you all!
congrats on the little beauty!
Been thinking about you and your family! He is beautiful and perfect! Congratulations!!!!
Many Congratulations!! Tristan is just gorgeous - all the pictures are just beautiful :)
PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family of 4!!! Hope you are feeling well! Can't wait to hear more!
Congratulations Bobbi! It's been amazing to follow your journey and to see the culmination of it through these pictures of your beautiful baby boy. I am so happy for you and your family! God is truly good.
Congratulations Bobbi, Aaron and Ella!! So excited for y'all :) What a wonderful Christmas for y'all this year! Can't wait to hear more about the details.
Merry Christmas!!!
Oh my goodness - he is absolutely beautiful! I *love* all of those sweet pictures! He looks so very kissable! :-)
Hoping you have a speedy recovery sweet girl!
Congratulations!! He is adorable!
Post a Comment