Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blog Has Been Taking the Back Burner

I was silly to think I could keep blogging up as avidly (if you can even call it that) as I did before Tristan was born. Even though I'm not working, my time manages to pass by without me getting around to writing a post. My days and nights flow into each other and quite often, I don't know what day of the week it is!

I think the main issue is that I'm such a perfectionist! I want the content of my blog to be worthy of reading. I enjoying conjuring up interesting topics, ideas or themes, but lately, I can't manage to put all my thoughts to words. I come up with ideas on what to blog about in the middle of one day, but it's not until five days later that I actually start the post, and by then, I've forgotten about my oh-so-grand idea! I guess I should start writing them down. :)

I'm constantly being distracted...in a good way, of course. It's hard to commit to any one task at hand with a needy baby boy. Dishes take longer. I fold half a load of laundry until Tristan absolutely must be held, and then the other half doesn't seem to get folded until the next day. Showers are hit and miss, and sometimes it's not until Aaron gets home from work late afternoon that I get my "morning" shower in. Sometimes I shower before Aaron leaves for work. Sometimes I don't shower at all. I know...ew! My living room has officially become a war zone between Ella's toys and trinkets versus Tristan's blankets and bibs. It's a constant battle between the two. And it's not that I don't tidy up...it's just that minutes after doing so, it's a mess again. My white flag is waving in defeat. :)

So, as you can see, sitting down to write a quality blog post is hard.

I love blogging. Love, love, love! But, I love my baby boy and darling daughter more. But, nevertheless, I'm going to try and make a much better effort to put some material out there in cyberspace. Blogging makes me feel good. It's a reflection of me. Writing gives me a sense of pride and confidence. I can't really explain why...I guess it's because this is my blog stamped with my name that only I own. It's mine. It's special.

It's my therapy.

My outlet.

My memoir.

My documentary.

My heart.

And, as such, I'm going to try and prioritize this "baby" and make a diligent effort to post more often.

No guarantee, though. :)

No comments: