Saturday, January 21, 2012

Maternity Leave Fastly Coming to an End

Goodness, my maternity leave is just flying by! I go back to work a week from Monday. I cannot tell you enough how much I'm going to miss these days at home with my little loves. I finally got a good routine in place (well, as good as it can be with the unpredictability of a newborn), and I'm going to have to re-find my groove once I start up work.

Luckily, because I have an amazingly flexible and understanding boss, my hours will be as follows:
  • Monday - 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
  • Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. to noon, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
  • Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. to noon, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
  • Thursday - 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
  • Friday - 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
  • Saturday - 6 hours
Crazy, huh?

The reason for the crazy hours are, as you can guess, to avoid putting Tristan in daycare. So, basically right when Aaron gets home in the afternoon, I head off to work. For those of you that don't know, I work at a law office as a paralegal.

Yes, the law office's hours are the typical 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., so my boss is really being generous in allowing me to work most of my hours during "off hour" times.

Also, my mom is kicking it into Grandma mode, and will be watching both kiddos Tuesdays and Wednesdays mornings, and then, with the six hours I'll be working on Saturdays, it brings my weekly grand total to 24 hours.

I get paid for 30-hour weeks, though, so I will be using vacation time I accrued from last year, and the three weeks I get this year, to meet those hours. There is no better way to spend my vacation time than to be home with my little lady and my little man. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's so great that your work is being flexible with your hours! I wish mine was like that. I can't believe it's already time for you to go back!

Jessica said...

Gotta love the flexibility in your schedule--although it must seem a little bit difficult, especially being away from home. Enjoy your last days of leave!