Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cinder-Ella

My daughters loves to dance.

Sometimes, right when she gets home from school, she asks that I turn the music on so she can dance.

At night, she asks that we turn music on so she can watch her reflection in our sliding glass door while she twirls around.

A day does not pass that she doesn't dance.

She's always yelling out, "Mommy, watch! Daddy, watch!" and seems to learn new exciting moves everyday! I would definitely say dancing is her #1 passion.

Dressing up (or anything related to clothes) is a close second. So, naturally, before she begins dancing, she dresses herself up.

Well, this day, Ella decided she needed a Prince Charming to dance with, so she asked Daddy if she would be her Prince Charming and dance with her. Aaron took the role very seriously, and after being in the bedroom for awhile, came out in slacks, a dress-up shirt and tie. Ella was so excited! She then adorned him in jewelry and a crown, and they began to dance.

And, of course, I couldn't help but play "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman for them to dance to. How could I not? The opportunity perfectly presented itself.

I cried (and you'll hear it in my voice) while watching the two of them dance. And, I can't help but tear up a bit every time I watch this video. I am just so lucky.

Here's the video...




4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That sounds like the sweetest thing in the world! I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see the video...

Rach said...

So adorable! Ella sure is taking all the dancing and turns so seriously, so sweet. Dad sure was a good sport, crown and all, lol!

Crossing My Fingers said...

What a precious video!

Jessica White said...

Love this!