Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hell and Back

Okay, I'm not usually one to compare something to Hell, but I believe in Heaven and Hell, and I believe Hell would be as follows:

An overly-stuffed small waiting room of rude, smelly, oversized, unsanitary people who don't understand the concept of personal hygene, who are all stuffed like sardines along the walls in the most uncomfortable chairs (especially for a pregnant woman), who are all impatiently waiting and overly rude causing a scene each time their name is not the next one called next.  And, all the while sitting in this unbearable environment, being completely hungry since having to fast and then nauseas from drinking a glucose solution a.k.a. flat, syrupy Orange Crush soda, and then being stabbed (okay, poked, but I'm going for dramatic here!) 6 times in 4 hours (yes, my vein was missed 2 times).

So, I went to Hell and back yesterday. But, hey, I survived the 3-1/2 hours of it, and now to wait.

My doctor will receive my results next week. If things don't look good, I will be getting a call to come in before my next ultrasound appointment, which is scheduled for October 14th. If my levels are within passing range, I won't be getting that call. In other words, no news is good news.

Fingers crossed for no news!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh Lord, I'm so sorry that you had to sit in the waiting room from Hell. I'm praying that you'll be just fine!

Hope ya'll have a great weekend

xoxox

Angie said...

So sorry for all the unpleasantness. Prayers for good results.

Coakley's Journey said...

uggh...i know the feeling. I passed out when doing mine and I got to lay in a bed for the last two sticks. it was kinda nice because I didnt have to deal with the waiting room. Hopefully you will pass and all will be good :)