Saturday, September 24, 2011

28 and 29 Weeks

How Far Along: 29 weeks!

Size of Baby: Tristan is 15 inches long and weighs almost 2-1/2 pounds.

Picture of Baby:  My doctor could not get a good picture of Tristan's face at my last ultrasound, but got a great shot of his foot! (So this is what has been kicking my ribs!).


29 Weeks: Tristan's muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. During this trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in Tristan's hardening skeleton each day. (Information taken from BabyCenter's website).

Weight Gain: It showed that I gained 4 pounds at my last ultrasound (on September 14th), which means I'm gaining an average of a pound each week now. I've gained a total of 11 pounds.

Belly Pic: I feel like I owe you all a belly pic, but I just showered and didn't feel like making myself look more presentable, so you strictly get belly...and a belly that is! :)


Sleep: Surprisingly, sleep is going really well for me right now. I'm getting up 3 to 4 times each night to pee, but I'm able to fall right back asleep.

Best Moment of the Week: Watching Tristan move around on the screen at my ultrasound, feeling him kick / roll more and more, Ella kissing Tristan goodbye more often than not when dropping her off at school.

Movement: My stomach is constantly rolling. I love it!

Symptoms: Mainly heartburn. And I feel swollen, especially with this ongoing 100-degree heat.

Food Cravings: Nothing in particular. I am trying to eat more protein and less carbs (due to my high sugar levels with my 1-hour glucose test), but it's hard when carbs fall more along the lines of what I'm craving.

What I Miss: Bending down comfortably.

What I'm Looking Forward to: Tomorrow's baby shower!!!

Weekly Wisdom: Water, water, water...

Milestones: This is my last week before reaching the 30s. Then, I'm officially in the home stretch. It feels so close, but yet so far!

Emotions: I'm feeling good...really good.

3 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Happy baby shower for tomorrow :)) So excited for you... getting close - the next 10 weeks will race by xoxo

Jessica White said...

You are getting so close....and look absolutely wonderful!

foxy said...

My shower is this sunday and I am crazy stupid excited about it. My mom and sister have been working so hard on it and I just know it will be perfect. I just hope that I can hold myself together and not end up bawling the whole time :)

How was your shower? Tell us all!
-Foxy