Saturday, September 3, 2011

26 Weeks


How Far Along: 26 weeks!

Size of Baby: Tristan is 14 inches and weighs approximately 1-2/3 pounds.

Picture of Baby: None.

26 WeeksThe network of nerves in Tristan's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both my and Aaron's voice as we chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. (Information taken from BabyCenter's website).

Weight Gain: Yes, I'm gaining! No, I don't know how much.

Belly Pic: Tristan is taking over my belly!


Sleep: One night I can get the best sleep, the next night I toss and turn until the sun begins to rise. I feel pretty well rested, though. I'm very tired by the end of the day if I don't get a good night's sleep the night before.

Best Moment of the Week: Many, many good moments...most involving feeling Tristan move and noticing his patterns (like, kicking a lot when Ella is crying really loud or "napping" shortly after eating a big meal).

Movement: Some days Tristan is non-stop moving, some days not so much. My stomach is starting to roll with his movement now. Along with the kicks and jabs, Tristan is constantly rolling. Earthquake!

Symptoms: Heartburn is still an issue, and my lower back is starting to hurt more. I also get winded more easily (walking at Aaron's pace at the store is near impossible now). And, need I remind you of pregnancy brain? :)

Food Cravings: Sour dough bread. I can't get enough of it! More specifically, avocado/cucumber sandwiches. :) 

What I Miss: Nothing.

What I'm Looking Forward to: My glucose test was postponed to this coming Wednesday. Looking forward to getting that done with. And, I'm looking forward to rocking third trimester! :)

Weekly Wisdom: It's never too early for Braxton Hicks contractions. I felt tightness and discomfort yesterday, even when resting (usually I feel that when I'm walking around a lot), and it concerned me a bit. But, staying hydrated and resting really helped and I felt much better today. I'm for sure going to talk to my doctor about this at my next appointment, though. 

Milestones: Making it down to two double digits in days left! Can't believe it! Also, is 26 weeks considered the 3rd trimester? If so, that's a huge milestone, too! :)

Emotions: Happy, but hormonal, so my emotions are up, down and all over the place. Don't believe me? Ask poor Aaron. :)

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Look how cute you look!!! Love that baby belly!

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

I believe 27-28 is the 3rd trimester, but you are getting close!!! You look great! I'm 25 weeks and have been having BH for awhile now, very concerning! Can't wait to make it to the 3rd trimester!

Hillary said...

What an awesome belly picture! You look too cute! And ugh to Braxton Hicks contractions. I've had them all during this pregnancy and they worry me too. I asked my doctor about it a couple of different times and she said that it would be fine as long as I wasn't having more than 4 and hour.

Hope ya'll have had a great long weekend so far!

xoxox

Jessica White said...

You look awesome! Yay for 26 weeks...and lots of baby movement!

Coakley's Journey said...

look at the cute bump :) so glad Tristen is moving allot, something very comforting about that. I have recently started experiencing BH and I guess its normal. Things that are normal though can be so scary!

DandelionBreeze said...

Wow... great to come back from my blogging break to hear that everything is going so well :) You look gorgeous :)) Love the name Tristan :) Love to you both xoxo