Yesterday, Ella's 5th birthday, was the first time I felt real contractions. I'm guessing they were just typical Braxton Hicks contractions that happen throughout a woman's pregnancy, especially during the later part, but they were quite noticeable and painful enough that I decided to keep track of how long and how often.
I didn't exceed the 4 contractions in 1 hour that I was told to watch out for. And the contractions didn't last very long at all, less than 30 seconds, so I just waited for them to pass.
I'm definitely feeling more Braxton Hicks contractions, though, especially when sleeping. In fact, they sometimes wake me up at night. They don't last long, so I mark it as normal.
I had talked to my doctor at my last appointment about this, but he said it's normal. I feel they are getting progressively worse, though, so I'm really hoping these aren't signs of pre-labor. I don't think so, but I'm no expert.
And, even though I knew Tristan wouldn't come into the world on Ella's birthday, I really felt like my body was warning me to take it easy. That even though I wanted to do this and that for Ella on her birthday, that I also have a second child to care for, which means caring for myself. Tristan is letting me know that he is in there and ready to rock-and-roll.
I'm ready to rock-n-roll, too, little man, but you need to cook just awhile longer.
Plus, you haven't met Ella yet, but I know her really well, and I don't think she would've been very fond of sharing her birthday with you. :) She loves you so much, as any big sister would, but that day is untouchable. :)
It's too bad the next couple weekends and weeks are going to be busy, not allowing me to rest like I'd like to (or need to), but after these next two weeks, I'm going to keep my calendar free, my time relaxed and the only things I will commit to are caring for my family and getting the nursery ready.
As Ella would say, "Boo-yah!"
Friday, September 23, 2011
It Felt Like Tristan Wanted to Share Ella's Birthday
Labels:
3rd Trimester,
Braxton Hicks,
Ella's Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh dear...good thing little man didn't come just yet!! Take it easy!! ;)
Ps....happy birthday to your sweet little girl! :)
so glad he didnt come early, have they checked your cervix to make sure its not funneling?
I had to remind myself of that this weekend. With being sick, my stomach has really hurt from coughing and blowing my nose. I realized that my taking it easy was a matter of life and death for our babies.
Glad you took it easy and felt better.
Post a Comment