How Far Along: 22 weeks!
Size of Baby: He is 11 inches, about the size of a papaya or spaghetti squash. Can't believe it!
Picture of Baby: None this week.
22 Weeks: At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, Tristan is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If I could see inside my womb, I'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily. (Information taken from BabyCenter's website).
Weight Gain: I weighed myself this morning. I'm up three pounds.
Sleep: Sleep is really starting to be rough for me. Our mattress is not the best and I fall asleep with my back hurting and wake up with it hurting. I need to figure out something that'll alleviate the pain, otherwise I'm in for a long third trimester.
Best Moment of the Week: The best moments of the past three weeks have to be finding out we're having a boy, Aaron feeling the baby kick for the first time, and announcing his name to everyone.
Movement: He's very active. And, I felt him hiccuping for the first time today!
Symptoms: I still get nauseous when I chew gum, eat a peanut butter sandwich, eat a banana (sometimes), and brush my teeth. Other than that, heart burn is pretty consistent, regardless of what I eat or don't eat, and my back is giving me trouble.
Food Cravings: I'm surprised, but I really haven't had any huge cravings. I can tell I'm eating more. Aaron tells me not to feel guilty because I'm eating for two, but when I eat more than my husband, it's a bit discouraging.
Gender: Boy! Tristan Nathaniel Johnson! :)
What I Miss: Being able to bend down comfortably.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Hmmm...tough one. I don't have any major milestones coming up. I'm always looking forward to my next ultrasound, which is in a couple weeks. :)
Weekly Wisdom: Tums and heat pads are a must.
Milestones: Choosing a name!
Emotions: I easily cry, but also easily laugh. I guess you can say my emotions are all over the place. :)

5 comments:
So glad thing are going well for you and baby!!!!
When I was pregnant with our second, we had to buy one of those gel memory foam mattress toppers... $150 was much more affordable than a new king sized mattress!!
What a cute picture of you and Ella at the beach. I hope the heartburn gets better. Baby Tristan is going to be showered with love!!
such a cute pic of you and ella at the beach....love beach shots and belly :). my heartburn is so severe that it hurts to eat. i know its only going to get worse but i wish something more then Tums that would help.
www.anjcoakley.blogspot.com (by the way I dont know if I told you this but some people are having to post anonymous on your comments (like me :)) if you go to your setting and choose a pop up for comments, it allows to post with blog.)
LOVE his name! I think the meaning is just perfect! What a sweet blessing!
Post a Comment