I had to take a double glance! Whoa! There was a form in this file that had been due on December 9th, 2010.
Little did I know, months after writing this sticky note, that I'd become pregnant with my son and his due date would be December 9th, 2011.
Seeing this random sticky note made me think about how God not only has sticky notes of important dates in each of our lives, but entire, organized folders. For He is the crafter of all our important dates.
It was pure chance that I'd write a sticky note like that. A complete fluke that my due date would be exactly a year later from this form's due date, and that I would spell it out in such a way on a sticky note.
But, with God there is no chance!
He knew when I'd get pregnant, and He knew I would have a son, and He knew that his due date would be December 9th, 2011.
He knows because He created!
He is my creator, just as He is Tristan's creator.
It brings such comfort to rest my mind on the beautiful truth that even though I may not be in the know, God is. How December 9th, 2011 could've passed as any ordinary day in the future for me, but yet God already had planned how important that day would serve in my life.
And, even now, I still don't know what day Tristan will actually arrive, but God knows. He already has the exact second planned out that I will hear his first cry and give him his first kiss. Oh, mercy, God also knows how badly I wish that day was tomorrow!
3 comments:
What a precious post today Bobbi!
I love it and it's soo true! I can honestly say that out of the very few times I have heard God tangibly whisper in my ear he did with my own pregnancy. I actually heard him one day even before I was pregnant telling me that I would get pregnant, I would have a boy, what his name would be, and that everything would be ok. So far everything has come true!
How good is God in the miracles that he works!
Lots of love today and hope that Ya'll have a great weekend!
xoxox
Thank you. Battling the baby bug again today, I really needed this reminder. God knows exactly what He has in store for me this next year. Whether it will include Baby #2 or not, I do not know. But I trust. Have a blessed weekend!
How right you are. It is so hard to be patient and to just wait on God. But the rewards are always so wonderful.
Post a Comment