How Far Along: 24 weeks!
Size of Baby: He weighs 1.4 pounds (according to Wednesday's ultrasound).
Picture of Baby: I have a couple pictures from my ultrasound, but I haven't scanned them yet.
24 Weeks: Tristan's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's about a foot long, he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. (Information taken from BabyCenter's website).
Weight Gain: I gained 4 pounds this past month! I can't believe it. :( Averaging a pound a week. I'm guessing that's normal. My doctor didn't say anything about it. So, my total weight gain in this pregnancy has been 7 pounds so far. I really felt like I was ballooning out more this past month, so I guess the scale simply reflects that. It's not just hot air inside of me (although I have that, too!).
Sleep: Sleep was surprisingly good this past week. I thank God for that. My back has not been giving me issues either. It's weird how things come and go during pregnancy, and I'm very thankful my back pain subsided this past week.
Best Moment of the Week: The ultrasound! Of course! It's always so wonderful seeing the little guy, and boy, has he grown this past month.
Movement: Tristan is very, very active, especially when I lay down to go to sleep!
Symptoms: I feel the immediate need throw up when I cry (so yes, that implies I cried this past week). And, pigmentation is darkening on my skin, which I've read is a common pregnancy symptom. When Aaron looked at my face and said, "WHAT IS THAT?!?!?" pointing at a newfound huge freckle spot, I was really surprised (and embarrassed). I have this spot below my left eye that I've never seen before...about the size of a pea. It just appeared, and will hopefully disappear after Tristan's born. :)
Food Cravings: Chicken strips. I'm craving them, but have only had them once. But that one time has caused me to want more!
Gender: Boy! Tristan Nathaniel Johnson! :)
What I Miss: I don't miss anything this past week. I feel really good and am very happy where I am in this pregnancy.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Everything!
Weekly Wisdom: I asked my doctor - it's okay to drink caffeine during pregnancy (in moderate amounts)! But, if you start feeling weird, stop!
Milestones: 24 weeks is kinda considered the 6-month mark, but I'll wait until September 9th to say I'm officially 6 months pregnant. So, my milestone is 24 weeks, which I've heard is when the baby is considered viable. If Tristan decided to make his grand debut today, he has a good chance of survival!
Emotions: Happy!
8 comments:
It is hard to believe you are already at 24 weeks! That is fantastic! Your little belly is looking great!
Looking good Momma! Such a cute belly shot!
I have that same funny discoloration around my eyes. It's soo weird!
Love the belly! 24 weeks seems like a huge milestone to me! Such great news that all is well with your sweet little Tristan!
love the belly pic.....such a cute little bump. i bet it feels good to be at the point where you know if Tristan did have to enter in the world he would have a fighting chance.
Happy V-Day! Your belly is so adorable!
I have insane freckles....always have. Of course my mother pointed out that she thought I had more of them this year (never mind being at the pool with A for lessons every day) and that it must be pregnancy mask. I'll just stick with it being freckles.
Glad all is going well!
My doc told me I could gain a pound a week for the rest of the pregnancy and she wouldn't be concerned. Yikes!
I'm starting to get the hyperpigmentation too. :(
Love the baby bump! I've had a little bit of hyperpigmentation but not too much thankfully. It will fade away when your little one is born!
Your little belly is so sweet and round! LOVE it!
Post a Comment