Friday, August 12, 2011

23 Weeks

How Far Along: 23 weeks!

Size of Baby: He is between 11 and 12 inches and over a pound.

Picture of Baby: I have an ultrasound on Wednesday, so hopefully I'll have some pictures to share with you all then.

23 WeeksTurn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, Tristan can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (large mango), I am able to see him squirm underneath my clothes (which is the coolest thing...like an earthquake!). Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that his increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as our dogs' barking or Ella's screaming (haha!) — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb. (Information taken from BabyCenter's website).

Weight Gain: I haven't weighed myself since last week. I'm sure I'll be up some at my doctor's appointment on Wednesday.

Belly Pic: Tristan's residence, adorned in red.


Sleep: My back wasn't as big of an issue this past week, so I was able to sleep more soundly. Thank goodness. Ella has been waking up early, though, so I've been having to adjust to that.

Best Moment of the Week: I guess watching Ella love on her baby brother. She is constantly "playing" with him, by including him on her team or something. She's always asking me if he's kicking or sleeping. She's tried to feel him kick, but isn't patient enough to wait around for it (her hands aren't big enough to cover the whole area, and wherever her hands were placed, he didn't kick!).

Movement: Tristan is very, very active, especially when I lay down to go to sleep!

Symptoms: I had one rough morning this past week, throwing up and everything! If I brush my teeth for too long, I get nauseous and end up throwing up a bit. It's the weirdest thing. I feel like my heart is beating faster (which it probably is). Like, just walking from here to there takes much more of an effort. Not because I'm physically tired but because I feel winded.

Food Cravings: The infamous ice cream craving is upon me. But, it's not really ice cream as much as it's frozen yogurt. When asking Aaron to get me some, he's had to tell me "no" many, many times. I know it's for the best, but ugh!

Gender: Boy! Tristan Nathaniel Johnson! :)

What I Miss: Feeling less winded. 

What I'm Looking Forward to: My ultrasound on Wedesday. I'm always excited to see my little guy!

Weekly Wisdom: Listen to your body! I know pregnant women are told to do that all the time, but sometimes life doesn't allow you to. Make every effort to rest when needed! 

Milestones: I passed my official 5-month pregnancy anniversary (on August 9th)!

Emotions: Forgetful. So very forgetful. :(

4 comments:

Hillary said...

What a super cute baby bump!

My heart felt really funny too around that same gestation. I asked my dr about it and she just said "It's one of those pregnancy things."

Hope ya'll have a great weekend! xoxoxo

Bridget said...

It is so sweet that Ella already loves her little brother so much!! Your baby bump looks fantastic!

Jen said...

Love you baby bump, Bobbi!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

You look amazing!!