Saturday, February 6, 2010

Infertility Testing, Testing…1, 2, 3…

Aaron and I have been trying to conceive for 1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks and 6 days...

...and the infertility testing is now in full force.

Once I reached the 1-year mark, I was put on Clomid, a fertility drug to help stimulate ovulation.  50 mg the first cycle, 100 mg the second.  My doctor said if the drug doesn't work within 3 months, then it's simply not going to work for me.  No results.  Just more disappointment and sense of hopelessness.

After allowing time for the drug to leave my system, I met with my doctor and she ordered me to have a hysterosalpingogram (HSG), which is a outpatient procedure to check if my fallopian tubes are clogged.  I had the procedure done a couple weeks ago and my tubes are clear.  Thank you, Jesus!

Next, my doctor requested I have a sonogram done to check my follicles.  I had this done last week and am awaiting the results.  I don't know what the next step is, but I'm nervous / excited / exhausted / hopeful / determined...the list of emotions goes on and on.

2 comments:

beccadressler said...

Trust God in all this! Keep praying! I love you.

Becca said...

Oh girl! I know it will all work out! Are you doing the natural stuff to like taking your temperature every day? Checking your fluids, ect?