Friday, February 18, 2011

ABC - Get To Know Me!

This fun little survey has been floating around many blogs that I'm following, and I figured I'd give you all the opportunity to get to know me a little better. :)

Photo courtesy of Google Images.

(A) Age: 27

(B) Bed Size: Queen, which fits us just fine, but someday I'd love the comfort of a king-sized bed.

(C) Chore You Hate: Either dishes or laundry because both of those chores are required of me everyday!

(D) Dogs? Two. A 8-year old black lab mix, Zoe, and a 1-1/2 year old pug, Bob.

(E) Essential Start Your Day Item: During the winter months, the heater is an absolutely essential part of my morning. Other than that, my toothbrush! That should be an essential item to everybody's morning.

(F) Favorite Color: All shades of pink! I'm so grateful for Aaron, who was very understanding of our wedding being very, very pink. :)

(G) Gold or Silver? White gold.

(H) Height: 5'6"

(I) Instruments You Play: I played the piano for likely 10 years, but since college, then married life and motherhood, I haven't really had a chance to keep it up.

(J) Job Title: Paralegal.

(K) Kids: Ella Corinne Johnson, who is 4 years old, and hopefully some more very, very soon.

(L) Live: Turlock, California. Right smack in the middle of the Central Valley.

(M) Mom's Name: Karen (Hi Mom!).

(N) Nicknames: Too many! But my favorites are from Aaron, who calls me Carne (as I craved Carne Asada when pregnant with Ella) and Nink (don't know where he got that from, but I love it!). Ella, subsequently, is called Little Nink. :)

(O) Overnight Hospital Stays? I stayed in the hospital for a few days after my c-section.

(P) Pet Peeves: When drawers are left slightly ajar, when there are crumbs (especially coffee grinds!) on the countertop, when I wake up in the middle of the night with Aaron's elbow jabbing me (this happens every night!), food or gum smacking, the smell of cigarette smoke, stupid drivers that risk lives just to save a minute or two...to name a few. LOL!

(Q) Quote from a Movie: "You are everything I never knew I always wanted." (Fools Rush In)

(R) Right or Left Handed? I'm a righty, but Aaron and Ella are both lefties. Like father, like daughter. :)

(S) Siblings: One younger sister, Rebecca (Hi Sister!).

(T) Time You Wake Up? On weekdays, 7:00, but usually a little earlier as Ella crawls into bed with me after she hears Aaron leave for work at 6:45. On weekends, sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 (Ella-permitting!). I'm not a big fan of sleeping in, so I don't mind early mornings on weekends. Aaron on the other hand...

(U) Underwear: Just cotton Hanes Her Way undies. Nothing special.

(V) Vegetable You Dislike: I'm not a big fan of peas, but vegetables are generally not a problem for me. I prefer veggies over fruit, in fact!

(W) What Makes You Run Late: Ella! It's sometimes hard to get out of the door on time with Ella, but if it wasn't for that, I've always been very punctual.

(X) X-Rays You've Had Done: Do dental x-rays count? :)

(Y) Yummy Food You Make: Homemade mac & cheese, chicken parmesan, taco soup. Whenever I venture away from cooking my "usual" meals, they are always a success, though.

(Z) Zoo, Favorite Animal: I always love seeing the water animals swimming around, like the seals and walruses. Oh, and monkeys! I'd say lions and tigers, but they are usually just sleeping. :)

If you made it through the whole list, I hope you enjoyed getting to know me better. Have a great weekend, everybody!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

This is fun! I enjoyed reading it and I think I'm going to have to do it!

Anonymous said...

aww cute! I love reading these things!

Anonymous said...

I love these things :)
Oh, and YEA to the lefties!! haha

The2sams said...

Thanks for sharing!

Crossing My Fingers said...

Totally agree with you on peas-ew!

Nessa Lomiva said...

Yes, I enjoyed reading your list. :D

Jessica White said...

How fun! It was great getting to "know" you a bit better :-)