Never thought I'd ever be so relieved to have my period arrive, but I truly am. After receiving the blood test confirmation that I wasn't pregnant, each day just dragged by, intensifying with PMS, so I'm grateful it's here.
So now, to disclose our plan of attack!
We officially decided we want to move forward with our FET next cycle, though!
My next period
And, in case you are interested, my FET protocol is as follows:
- Start Estrace pills on day 2 of full flow. I will take two of them twice a day, and then insert one vaginally at night, as opposed to just taking one twice a day. Because, if you remember, my doctor wants my uterine lining to be thicker this time around, and estrogen (Estrace) is just the hormone to do that!
- 9 to 12 days after taking the Estrace pills, I will go in for an ultrasound to check my uterine lining and my all-important progesterone and estrogen levels. If everything looks good, the FET would then be scheduled for the following week. If the doctor isn't too excited about my uterine lining, the FET may be pushed back a week or so.
- Once the day for our FET is set, I will begin *gulp* the progesterone in oil (PIO) injections (yes, those are the honkin' needles that go straight into my behind!) and the tablets that I will insert vaginally. For whatever reason, the doctor thinks both forms of progesterone are necessary, so I'm going to ask why.
- Estrace/Estradiol tablets
- Aspirin
- Progesterone in oil
- Premetrium (vaginal inserts)
- Doxycycline
- Medrol
I still have some Estrace tablets and Aspirin leftover, but probably not enough for the entire cycle. And, unfortunately, even though I have PIO leftover, after puncture it is only good for 30 days. So, everything else will have to be purchased. I don't think we'll end up having to fork out that much, since Menopur and Follistim, the money-sucking wallet emptiers, are not required for a FET. Woo hoo!!!
So, there you have it...
Aaron and I will begin the rollercoaster all over again in early March. Are you ready? I know I am! :)
15 comments:
GOOD LUCK! You are in my prayers
Pleased AF showed at last!
Good luck with this cycle!
Yeah - so excited for you guys!
How exciting!!!! I am ready!!!
What great news! I think our bodies respond better to FETs becasue we don't have to endure the healing from the ER. I believe this is it for you!!!
Good luck! I'll be here cheering you on!
I am so excited for you!! I had a feeling it was going to be sooner rather than later :)
Praying for you!! So exciting! :)
hi! First time commenter but found your blog while searching ivf blogs in december.. I am so sorry to hear that you got a BFN on ivf #1.. I know exactly how you feel, my beta was on monday.. Negative. We have 2 frozen embryos so once I get my period we will be doing a FET as well.. I wish you all the luck and hope this is it for both of us.. I cannot say how much I understand and relate to all your feelings.. I do have a question.. How long after you stopped your meds did you get your period.. Its thursday and I havent taken anything since sunday night and i want it to get here like yesterday... and 2. how bad was the period? thanks again and again wish you all the luck in the world for the embabies to stick!
It seems like in this journey of IF, we're always either rooting for Flo to get here or cursing her for coming. I'm glad she's here and can't wait to hear how the FET goes! Keep us posted.
I am so excitied for you- I will be praying for you- I wish you the very very best :)
Woohoo!! Best wishes with the FET.
YAY! Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers for this cycle!
:) So glad you have a plan for this cycle! I couldn't be happier for you and am wishing you the very best! Lots of good thoughts coming your way!!
Best of luck!!
Post a Comment