Saturday, February 5, 2011

What do I think God meant when He gave me infertility?

"I think he meant for my husband and I to grow closer, become stronger, love deeper. I think God meant for us to find the fortitude within ourselves to get up every time infertility knocks us down. I think God meant for our medical community to discover medicines, invent medical equipment, create procedures and protocols. I think God meant for us to find a cure for infertility.

No, God never meant for me not to have [more] children. That's not my destiny; that's just a fork in the road I'm on. I've been placed on the road less traveled, and, like it or not, I'm a better person for it. Clearly, God meant for me to develop more compassion, deeper courage, and greater inner strength on this journey to resolution, and I haven't let Him down.

Frankly, if the truth be known, I think God has singled me out for a special treatment. I think God meant for me to build a thirst for a child so strong and so deep that when that baby is finally placed in my arms, it will be the longest, coolest, most refreshing drink I've ever known."


(Anonymous).

7 comments:

The2sams said...

I agree with you Bobbi. Loved the encouraging words.

Bridget said...

Hi Bobbi thanks for the comment on my blog and for following! Your blog is so pretty!!

Unknown said...

Bobbi~ I couldn't agree more! Infertility is a "bump in the road." I believe you will overcome infertility and soon have that baby placed in your arms :)
Luv You Friend!!!

Micha said...

Amen to that. That is most definitely the right attitude to have on this infertility journey.

Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! said...

You took the words out of my mouth. I just found your blog, and this entry was so meaningful to me. This is exactly how I have always felt about our infertility.

Nic said...

Thanks for your comment. In answer to your question about my embryos, there are a few reasons. Firstly my lining was 12 and I have been told my uterus looks perfect each time. Also I was meant to have a 5 day transfer but clinic then called me and changed their mind and we had a 3 day transfer instead. The clinic was worried we would not have anything to put back in on day 5 even though we had grade 2 8 cells transferred. Also maybe I do not want to think my uterus is also rubbish like the rest of my body!!
X

Anonymous said...

I love this poem.... it is so full of truth. Thanks for posting.