Wednesday, November 23, 2011

10 Thoughts on 10 Days Left

Rewind to my last ultrasound appointment (on Friday, November 18th).

Tristan is measuring right on schedule at roughly 6-1/2 pounds.  My blood pressure is right in the healthy range it's been for the entire pregnancy - approximately 110/65.  Everything going just great (despite feeling questionably so!).

So, because Tristan and I had another great appointment, my doctor decided he didn't need to see me until c-section day. Instead of the typical weekly ultrasound appointments during the last month of pregnancy, I've only had an appointment every other week. I feel quite proud about this! My body didn't fail me. Tristan's a beast. Yay!

And, my doctor, being the feisty spitfire that he is, decided to push the hospital's buttons and get that Friday, December 2nd, c-section delivery. If you remember, my original delivery date was set for the 2nd, but the hospital I'm deliverying at won't schedule a c-section before 39 weeks (even 38 weeks 6 days!), so I got bumped to Saturday, the 3rd.

Well, my doctor's reasoning was that at midnight, I'm officially 39 weeks. So, if we schedule the c-section for later in the day on the 2nd, the hospital would be outright ridiculous to argue over a few hours.  Well, the hospital bought the argument, and my surgery time is set for 4:00 on the 2nd.

And yes, if you do the math right, that's in 10 days!!!

So, with all that said, I will leave you with 10 random thoughts that are racing through my head at t-minus 10 days:
  1. What is my son going to look like? Will he be a spitting image of Aaron? Will he have my dark hair? Will I have a blue-eyed boy?
  2. I know my doctor will be late (he's notorious for that), but just how long will I have to nervously wait for him to arrive at the hospital.
  3. I really hope Tristan will still fit the newborn Christmas outfits I got from Mom's Club (a mom's group at church) around Christmas time.
  4. Is Aaron going to stay the first night with me at the hospital?
  5. I need to make sure our camera batteries are fully charged!
  6. I'm so going to cry when Ella sees her baby brother for the first time. Heck, I'm near tears right now just thinking about this first meeting.
  7. I need to buy Ella some big sister gifts so she remembers how special she is, despite all of us doting over her new brother.
  8. The thought of going under the knife is really starting to unsettle my nerves. I wish I could be put under, but I wouldn't miss my son's birth for anything. I'm praying I don't let the nerves ruin the experience for me, though. Having gone through it with Ella, I have much anticipation, since I know what  to expect.
  9. I really hope I don't have to share a room the days after Tristan's born. I really want privacy for my family and I to fully soak in our beautiful baby boy.
  10. This is going to be the best holiday season EVER!!!

5 comments:

Crossing My Fingers said...

Yes, get those batteries charged so we can see lots of pictures! How exciting lady!!! Come on 12/2!

Cori said...

10 days!!!!! I'm so excited for you! This holiday season will be a very memorable one for you and your family! Praying all is perfect and the nerves subside:)

Hillary said...

How exciting for you to have such a sweet new little guy right at Christmas time to make the season even more special!!

I know what you mean about the c-section nerves. I had 3 and I was a WRECK each time :). It was always soo worth it though just as soon as I heard my babies cries. Then I didn't care about anything else and you won't either!

Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxox

Kristen said...

Holy cow you are SO close!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby boy! :-)

Jessica White said...

We're definitely going to need pictures: Lots of pictures!

Can't believe he'll be here so soon!