Size of Baby: Tristan is more than 18-1/2 inches long and over 6 pounds!
Picture of Baby: None, but picture a newborn baby in a lot of goo!
36 Weeks: Tristan is shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Tristan swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, that will form the contents of his first bowel movement. (Information taken from BabyCenter's website). (Wow, super gross weekly update!).
Weight Gain: Yes.
Belly Pic: I think I look the same as last week, although my mom did say I'm really bulging out now. I feel it, too. I feel Tristan dropping, but yet he's still kicking my ribs. He's everywhere in there!
Sleep: Ugh!
Best Moment of the Week: Just the interaction I've been having with Tristan. We are seriously "one," and I have this inner sense of when he's going to move, if he's sleeping and for how much longer, if he will like what I eat or not. I can even lightly touch my stomach and he'll respond. If I push certain spots, he's sure to respond with a vigorous jab, as if to say, "Yes, mom, I'm still here. Now lay off!" :) He's very predictable in his movements and behavior. Hopefully it'll be the same when he's finally here.
Movement: Shake, rattle, roll, baby!
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions! Yikes! And, exhaustion by the end of the day. Moving around like I used to is just not happening, and I LOVE how Aaron is realizing it and has totally picked up on so many things. He sees me trying to do little things, like carry a full laundry basket across our house, and he's like, "No, let me get that!" I love him!
Food Cravings: I'll eat whatever is put in front of me, but unfortunately morning sickness has paid me for another visit and has been making it difficult for me to keep my breakfast down for the past couple weeks. It's no fun.
What I Miss: Good, solid comfortable sleep.
What I'm Looking Forward to: My ultrasound on Friday. This is the first one in four months that Aaron's able to attend. The last one he went to was when we found out we're having a boy. It'll be a big family affair!
Weekly Wisdom: Rest up! A clean house only lasts for so long until it's messy again, so don't put effort into it. (And pray your husband understands). Tristan needs me to rest, and when I'm too active, I can feel the toll on my body, with major cramps, contractions, tightness and discomfort.
Milestones: One more week until Tristan is considered "full-term." Full-term babies are born between 37 weeks and 42 weeks. 20 more days until my life changes. :)
4 comments:
36 weeks feels pretty amazing I must agree. But holy moly do I feel myself slowing down!!! The body aches are intensifying with every day that passes and my emotions are just sitting at the surface waiting to emerge at the slightest little thing.
Enjoy this special time and keep us posted these next few weeks :)
I can't believe you are at 36 weeks already. Congratulations! Not much longer now. :)
Time is flying... so lovely to read your update and so looking forward to seeing photos of your little one :)) xoxo
SO SOOON! I'm so excited for you guys to finally get to meet Tristan! And the rest of us meeting him too :-)
Post a Comment