When I read it to Ella, I replace Emily's name with hers, and Thaddeus' name with Tristan. (Coincidence the names begin with matching letters?). :)
The book starts out with...Ella had to wait a long, long time...
but finally...Ella has a Baby Brother!
And ends with...Because Love is a Baby Brother for whom you've waited a long, long time!
This book really speaks to me because the age difference between the two is like that of Ella and Tristan. It's no secret that I've struggled with the separation in age between Ella and Tristan, thinking that the further apart they are in age, the less they can relate to each other and get along...actually be siblings!
And, even though this is just a kid's story, reading the descriptions and looking at the pictures makes me excited for their age difference. It makes me excited that Ella gets to be the big sister and Tristan the little brother. Tristan is going to feel comfort, love and adoration from Ella, and Ella, in turn, will feel important to, respected and needed by Tristan.
I can't wait for Tristan to be here so that I can watch their relationship blossom!
2 comments:
What a precious book! I think that you'll find that your kids will actually be closer emotionally because of their age difference! I can see how my oldest (who is oldest by 6 years and then again by 9 years) is with his younger brothers. He is old enough to help out and he loves it!
xoxox
Such a sweet book! There is nothing out there to prepare a sibling for triplets lol Guess I'll have to write that one.
Post a Comment