How often does your own self-doubt, anxiety or overall fear stop you from living out the life you want? How often do you feel a dream could be more than a dream, but you sell yourself short from living it out because of your own insecurities? How often do your self-condemning thoughts get in your way of reaching your fullest potential?
I know that I am my worst enemy.
I know that I am capable of more than what I allow myself to achieve.
I know that I struggle with confidence, anxiety, fear. What woman doesn't? "I can't do that" is spoken far too often in my mind, which stops me from even trying.
And, sure, trying can eventually lead to failing. But! It can also lead to succeeding! Rather than living in shadows of self-doubt, I should force myself to break through and try!
My thoughts should not own me. I should own my thoughts. Whenever my mind circles round to sour thoughts, I need to re-focus, re-group and try, try again.
How I think is how I am going to live.
And, guess what? I can honestly tell you that my thoughts are starting to shift to a better place. I am starting to park my mind on the truth that I am strong. I am worthy. I am valuable.
I know this pregnancy brought "Bobbi" back. I had gone through such a dark time during our years of trying to conceive, and this pregnancy brought light to where there was once darkness.
This pregnancy truly saved me, in more ways than just making my dreams come true. It cleared up so much in my life that needed clearing up. It centered God back into my life, and I will forever be grateful for that.
I have so much in my life to be grateful for, but thinking negatively about any of my blessings, even if unintentionally, is like a slap in God's face.
Living a life filled with self-doubt or fear is like telling God that even though He's given me everything I need, it's just not enough. I doubt my own ability, yet God promises He has given me the strength to do all things through Him. I fear things beyond my control, yet God has not once yielded control of my life.
You know that song with the lyrics, "I can see clearly now the rain is gone." I don't know who sings it nor do I know the rest of the song, but that one line digs through me. I feel uplifted. My thoughts are renewed. And with these renewed thoughts comes a renewed life.
I used to think so negatively. Undermining myself. Undermining God. Undermining my role as a woman, as a mom, and as a wife.
But, I am coming out of my shell. My confidence is re-growing. I am finding myself again. I am finding my purpose and my value.
Rather than telling myself, "I can't do that," I am learning to tell myself, "I can do it!" (or to at least try!). What a huge difference that makes.
And as I progress into this new frame of mind, I am able to see the scattered pieces of my life join together, right where they are supposed to be. God has big, big plans for my life, so why let my negative thoughts stop those plans from unfolding as they should?
My life used to be so different...not because it was, but because my thoughts made it so.
Changing my mindset has changed everything!
Friday, November 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Philippians 4:13....my favorite verse! How true that we let Satan whisper in our ears and doubt not only ourselves, but God too.
Post a Comment