...but I've been playing Christmas music since November 1st. I can't help it. It makes me happy and keeps me in good spirits, so I'm going to keep it streaming through Pandora. :)
I'm on my fourth day on the birth control pill. Many of you have asked why I'm on the pill. I honestly don't know! I just do as I'm told! I'm assuming it's to eliminate any possible chance of "accidentally" getting pregnant before beginning my IVF cycle. If I'm not on the pill, then I could not move onto IVF because of the possibility of having conceived. I guess promising to abstain is not enough? But, then again, I can be completely wrong. Do any of you fellow IVF-ers know why we have to go on the pill before starting injections?
As for injections...I get so nervous every time I look at my calendar on the fridge. Before I know it, every night will be revolved around when and where to "medicate" myself!
Aaron and I are attending an IVF class on Friday. Hopefully going to the class and getting a better understanding of how things work will mentally and physically prepare me for daily stabbing myself with needles.
We got the grand total for our medications! As I said in a previous post, it looked like our medications would run roughly $3,200. Well, it appears our insurance will cover all non-fertility based medication (so, everything Menopur and Follistim), in which I will only have to pay a $10 co-pay per medication. As for the Menopur and Follistim, the drug manufacturers offer discount programs where patients would who normally have to pay for the full price out-of-pocket are given the option to pay at a discounted rate. Count me in! :)
So, instead of paying $1,940 for my Follistim, we're only have to fork out $1,200. And, instead of paying $931 for my Menopur, we're only have to pay $710.
With those savings, on top of our insurance covering all other medication (minus the co-pays), our grand total now comes to $2,145!!!
At first, we were quite grateful with only having to pay $3,200, but now we're looking at $1,000 cheaper! Thank you, God, for this huge blessing! Money is just money, but when paying thousands for IVF, every little bit helps, so we're very happy to say the least.
And, on another positive note, the doctor's office called today and said my blood work results were in. My FSH and estrogen levels are perfect. IVF is still a go, as I was told! Yay!
Alright, back to my Christmas music! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm not actually doing IVF, so anyone should feel free to correct me, but I'm under the impression that you start on BCP to prevent cysts and to prevent your natural estrogen levels from hijacking the cycle. On the pill your ovaries stay dormant, then you whack them over the head with injectable hormones to get them super producing for the egg retrieval.
Good luck with the IVF class - never heard of that before. Bound to be helpful!
Yay for Christmas music and double yay for cheaper meds! Such a blessing!!
I so want to turn on the Christmas music, but I am trying to resist for a few more weeks. Besides, it is 75 degrees here so it is hard to feel too Christmas-y.
And yay for saving some moolah on the meds!!!!
Nice savings on the meds! Every little bit helps.
The BCP are the supress your ovaries and natural cycle so they can control the start time and hormones.
I think BCPs are needed for a couple reasons...
to suppress your ovaries, to prevent cysts, to schedule you into an RE's cluster of other couples doing IVF! You are like me...just doing what your Dr says and not questioning it. I think they kind of know what they are doing.
I have to force myself not to listen to Christmas music yet....I love it though!
Ditto DINK on what the purpose of BCP is. Yay for saving some money on the costs though....that's always awesome!
I love listening to Christmas music! I just started listing to it too. I can't wait for the holidays.
That's great that your meds are not as expensive as you thought!!
Post a Comment