Today is my last day. My last shot-free day for a long time! This is the last day where I can go throughout the entire day without the impending night-time shots looming over my head.
Tomorrow begins this new "phase" of my IVF journey. I'm only giving myself the little Lupron shots to start off with. I don't start the bad boys until the Saturday after Thanksgiving, if all goes as planned.
I know I should just suck it up and "be a man" about all of this, but seriously, the thought of stabbing myself with a needle, regardless of the size, freaks me out a little bit. This is our only means of having another child, though, so I'm going for it! As the saying goes, GO BIG or GO HOME! I guess that doesn't really apply here, but you get the picture. I just need to grit and bear it. :)
On another note, we officially signed Ella up at a dance studio! Her last two ballet classes have been through a City of Turlock program, with each class lasting 10 weeks ending with a recital. There is a couple month break between classes. The last break wasn't so bad, but now that Ella is a little bit older and much more enthusiastic about ballet, we figured it was time to look into dance classes at an actual studio.
I made some calls this afternoon to find out if there were any openings, and sure enough, there were a couple openings at Backstage Dance Academy here in town. We went to check the place out after Ella's dress rehearsal tonight and Ella went from window to window, checking out each age group and each style of dance, saying, "I want to do that! Can I go do that right now?" If we had told her she could, she would've run right into a class of 13-year olds doing a hip-hop routine. Our fearless little girl loves to dance. :)
Because of the Nutcracker performances and other holiday recitals, Ella's first day of class won't officially be until the first Tuesday of January, but boy, will she be ready.
The class we enrolled her in is half ballet and half tap. Coming from only ballet experience, I hope she's able to jump right into tap with ease. I'm sure she will!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I used to be the world's biggest wuss about needles. In fact, I still can't watch scenes in movies with needles/injections. And I have to lie flat when having blood drawn or an IV put in/taken out.
But my own injections? Those I can do. My husband did them when we had our first injectable IUI cycle, but the next one I did (had to do) on my own.
I find it helps to exhale as I actually stab myself. Sorta calms me. And ice beforehand. :)
I suspect you'll find it empowering -- it feels good to be doing something that you know contributes to a successful cycle.
*hugs* Fingers crossed for you!
How exciting to be starting your journey, we are only days apart! I did my first shot last night and it was perfectly fine, didn't feel a thing! I think after the first one, you'll be ok.
Yay for getting Ella in dance classes, she's gonna love it!
xoxoxoxox
You will do great! I am guessing this is just a little needle... if it is anything like my trigger shot, you won't even feel it! Good Luck!
Saying a prayer for you as you start this part of the journey...
So excited for your new journey!!! Good Luck!
Hey Bobbi, Its Heather, I work at Huntington Learning Center right next door to backstage dance. Maybe we could get coffee or a tea from starbucks one of these days. Hang in there. Hoping everything goes well for you guys.
Post a Comment