Thursday, November 18, 2010

I did it!

Or, I guess I should say...Aaron did it! He gave me my first shot...10 IU of Lupron!

I was seriously so shocked when he said he would do it. I was 99.9% sure he wouldn't, given his phobia of needles, but he calmly prepped the needle, filled the syringe with exactly 10 IU, wiped me down with the alcohol swab, and then gave me his right-to-the-point pep talk.

"Deep breath, grit your teeth and close your eyes. I'm going in!" :)

My hero!

All I felt was the all-familiar feeling of a stinging shot. It was in for like 5 seconds, and then WA LA! All done! :)

He then gave me a hug at which point I was able to feel how clammy his hands were. He sure was able to suppress his fear to help his "love love" out.

He took care of me like a true champ, though, and I'm so grateful that he did the first shot. Now I feel a little better about the days to come. :)

He told me I need to give the shot tomorrow night, but after seeing how it went tonight, I think I can manage that just fine. I think I'll have a hard time stabbing myself as quickly as he did, though.

He seriously zoomed that needle right into my belly. I'm surprised it wasn't thrusted in with rocket sound effects (since my husband is a sound effect prodigy!).

Well, here's to hoping I don't feel any side effects! Thanks so much for your continuous support and kind words. You all mean so much to me. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Super hubby to the rescue!! :)
I'm sorry I haven't been commenting, but I have been reading! & I'm sooo excited for you! I'm definitely rooting from the sidelines!
Go Bobbi & Aaron!

Christina said...

Congratulations! That's a big step. If you can get through this, you can get through the rest of 'em! I'm cheering for you guys!

Kim said...

Congratulations! Isn't it much easier than expected? I was shocked really, but pleasantly surprised! And so far, no real side effects. I had a mild headache yesterday but not even sure I can blame it on the meds.

You are well on your way to baby my friend....xoxoxox

waiting and wishing said...

Nice work! I'm glad to hear it was easy!

Jessica White said...

Thinking of you guys! I'm so glad the shot went well.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Way to go! BOTH of you! It looks like we will be cycling together. I started Lupron 2 days before you. :)

Anonymous said...

aww how sweet! Yeah for awesome husbands! I have recently started lupron as well. Good luck to you!