My Lupron has dropped to 5 IU, which hopefully will make me a little less neurotically emotional (no joke!) and will also hopefully help with the headaches! Tylenol, even Extra Strength Tylenol, does not help whatsoever. I'm looking forward to a day without a headache, but if daily headaches means a little peanut, then bring on the migraines!
Here's a picture of what I've been injecting myself with the past 10 days.
That little needle used for the Lupron isn't too bad, but it still manages to leave me bruised.
After the Lupron shot, Aaron prepped the 75 IU of Menopur. Menopur comes in powder form, so Aaron has to mix 75 IU of Menopur with 10 mL of Sodium Chlorine.
These are vials with the pre-mixed Menopur and Sodium Chlorine, five of each in each set.
Aaron drawing the 10 mL of Sodium Chlorine...
...and then mixing it with the 75 IU of Menopur.
That is one massive needle, which luckily is not the needle used to inject me with. That one is used to mix the Menopur with Sodium Chlorine.
This is needle used to inject me. During this injection, I was amazed with how much it stung as the medicine slowly entered my body...and I mean, slowly. It seemed to take forever! Luckily, Aaron did a bit of research and knew the Menopur injection would sting, so when I started squeezing his hand (not the one holding the needle!) due to the pain, he reassured me it was normal. What a relief! I likely would've freaked out a bit longer thinking something was wrong.
Next, we moved onto the Follistim injections. Using the Follistim Pen was so easy!
All we had to do was stick the vial into the pen.
Turn the dial until it clicked to 150 IU.
And, WA LA! All ready! :)
And, last but not least, I have to start taking 81 mg of Aspirin every night as a blood thinner.
Sorry if the pictures of the needles left you feeling uneasy or queasy, but hey...it's my blog, and I thought it'd be nice to share with you all exactly what I go through every night. Definitely not a fun night time routine, but it's only temporary and I will get pregnant as a result! I have to keep telling myself that.













9 comments:
Thankfully I only had to do the Follistim shots, I got off rather easy. You're a trooper girl! Keep up the good work! xoxoxoxo
Thanks for sharing! You are right, it WILL all be worth it :)
Always thinking and praying for you!
Thanks for sharing! You two are so sweet and I admire that you work together. I am praying for yall and you are so brave. BTW I love when ladies post this type of stuff because it might be me one day doing IVF and I wanted to know what to expect. Hugs!
sorry I haven't commented in a while. we can't comment on blogs @ work anymore and that's when I have time to catch up on my blog reading :) i hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! i'm so proud of you being such a trooper with all the shots! i had to do hcg and follistim when we were trying to get pregnant with Bryson. LOVED the follistim shot the best :) hang in there...you are doing amazing!!!
It's all worth it! lol! I feel your pain, well, it's not as bad as your pain, but I stick myself twice a day with the same type of needle as the follistim pen!
Sooo excited for you!!
Whoohoo!! I love the pictures! Good Luck!
Good luck- hopefully you feel the difference of lowering the lupron. I start the same 2 drugs tommorrow.... so I am right behind you. We CAN do this:) and it will work :)
Those shots are a pain, but it's all worth it! :)
Post a Comment