Sunday, November 21, 2010

Empty House

Aaron (and Bob) drove up to Portland yesterday to spend the Thanksgiving week with his family. It sure is quiet without the two of them in the house. I miss my husband so much, but it's so important for him to spend some quality time with his family. Plus, I'm a true believer that distance makes the heart grow fonder. I can feel my heart growing and yearning to be near him with each passing minute. :)

But, until Aaron comes home, you can imagine the quality mother/daughter bonding Ella and I are enjoying with each other!

This weekend, we went shopping, we watched Tinkerbell, we ate mac & cheese, we read stories, we went on a walk, we sang in her microphone, we danced to the "Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog" song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, we put up Christmas decorations, we drank hot (lukewarm in her case) chocolate, we drew Christmas trees, and I have a lot more fun times to look forward to this next week with my favorite little girl.

Needless to say, though, I really don't know how single parents do it! Two full days with Ella without a second parent here to help me has left me very exhausted. A fulfilling, good exhausted, but still exhausted nonetheless.

Part of that exhaustion might be from the Lupron injections, though. The only side effect that I've truly noticed has been headaches, and Tylenol, which is the only pain killer I'm allowed to take at this time, just doesn't cut it for me.

Injections are going well. Tonight was my fourth night of injections and my last night on the birth control pill. As a result of no longer being on the pill, I was told to expect to have some bleeding this next week. And hopefully this will be the last bleeding I see for nine whole months!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the injections are going well, and that you were able to spend quality time with Ella this weekend!

The2sams said...

I hope it all works out, what a nice time you girls are having. But I can see where you are tired!