I was told once I got my calendar that IVF would feel more real. So true! I got my outlined calendar from my IVF nurse a couple days ago and seeing it makes this whole process seem more real. I can cross off each day, knowing I'm moving closer to our final destination...our baby!
Go ahead and click on the calendar below to get a closer look.
As you can see, we will be finding out if we're pregnant just around Christmas! This Christmas has potential to be the best Christmas of our lives!
I have been telling Aaron to hug me everyday and remind me that it will work. I'm a realist, by nature, and generally that means being a pessimist, too. Aaron is quite the opposite. He's a realist, but he's realistic in the sense that he won't worry until there's something to worry about. Right now, he's so convinced that IVF will work the first time, and hearing and seeing his confidence makes me feel more confident!
Dr. Weckstein prescribed all the drugs you see labeled on the calendar. Walgreens Speciality Pharmacy called me and broke down the cost for everything for this cycle. If my body reacts to the medication as expected and we don't need to purchase any more, our grand total will only be $3,200. We were told our medications would end up being between $3,000 and $5,000, so we're happy and relieved our prescription expenses may be at the bottom end of that range. Phew!
I had blood work done yesterday to monitor my estradiol and FSH levels. This will be the first of many confrontations with needles in the coming weeks. With having to give myself shots (yikes!) to continually have my blood levels monitored to acupuncture, needles are going to become my best friend...hopefully.
I also started the birth control pill last night. :)
I guess that's all to report today. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! Remember we get an extra hour of sleep tonight. I don't know about you all, but that extra hour makes all the difference in the world! :)
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How very exciting! It does seem real seeing that hunh? I have never seen an IVF calendar, so thanks for sharing- I love it, so orgnaized!
I love how it is all nice and planned out ahead of time! I am so excited for you. You are getting SO close! AND hooray for meds being at the low end of the range, that is a huge praise!
Exciting! Having a calendar definitely helps -- makes you feel like you're on a path and you know what's next.
See if you can get progesterone in ethyl oleate instead of progesterone in oil, by the way -- it's much easier to deal with (thinner = smaller needles, and thinner = no lumps).
I'm counting downthe days with you, girl. I'm a serious Christmas nut, and your miracle is yet another reason why I'm looking forward to Christmas. What a wonderful gift that would be!!
Okay, pardon my ignorance, but why are you taking birth control? I know ZERO about the IVF cycle, and that probably makes me sound like an idiot, but isn't that kind of a step backwards? Or not? Do they not want you to get prenant on your own while they're poking you with stuff? Is that the reason? I don't know! That's the only thing I can think of!!
Praying for you!!
so glad you are getting closer!!!
Post a Comment