Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reproductive Organ Massage

Okay, friends! I need your opinion or experience. My acpuncturist is encouraging for me to have a reproductive organ massage. When reading about it, the massage sounds like a good idea, but when I look at the cost, I naturally reconsider how important it is.

The massage costs $50 for a 30-minute session and $85 for a 50-minute session.

I'm already forking out extra for acupuncture treatment because I feel that can be beneficial, even if not necessarily statistically, but at least it'll help reduce stress in my body as I go through a very stressful time.

But, a reproductive organ massage? I had never even heard of this!

So, that leaves me with a big question mark stamped on my foreheard that I hope some of you can erase for me.

Have any of my fellow infertiles had one done? Have you heard of someone having one done? What is your experience? Even if you have no experience, what is your opinion?

Thanks, everyone! I value all of your input! :)

3 comments:

Brave IVF Girl said...

Well, I've heard of Ayurvedic stomach massage, but it's usually part of an overall treatment, not just focused on the stomach.

I will note that when I'm doing injections, the last thing I want is for someone to go anywhere near my stomach. I tell my regular massage guy 'hands off the stomach'. Combination of nervousness about it hurting with my bruises, and actual hurting from the bruises. So may depend on when she thinks you should do it.

Jessica White said...

our RE also has an alternative health center as part of their practice...I know I saw something there about uterine massage. I haven't looked into it or thought too much about it.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this before, it is intriguing. If I understand your previous posts properly, your internal organs (according to your doctor) are regular, healthy, and appear to be functioning normally, correct? This massage states that it can move about your organs and "reposition" them. This would be good if your uterus was out of line, but since yours isn't, do you want to chance it moving out of line because a massage had more pressure than it needed?
I myself have no children and am not actively trying to concieve, so I am not in your situation and cannot fully understand what you're going through, but I imagine that if I were going through infertility I wouldn't want to accidentally hurt my chances by following something that has little to no medical findings backing the chances of helping my situation. I know that new things arrise all the time that are helpful and we're just discovering, but new things arrise all the time that are harmful that we're just discovering too.
I hope this made sense.

Just something to think about.