Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Still Waiting

I was so confident my period was coming yesterday, right on time (as it always is), but I was wrong. I was so confident, in fact, that I called my IVF nurse and told her I was starting and she went ahead and ordered my birth control pill prescription to be picked up at the local CVS and faxed a lab order to Quest Diagnostics where I need to have blood drawn on CD 2 or CD 3 (the second or third day of my period).

Needless to say, my IVF nurse just called to check in on me and I told her my period hasn't come yet.

Doh!

Don't I feel like a complete fool!

I'm usually so right about reading my body's symptoms. Plus, my cycles are like clockwork. Almost every cycle I've monitored has been exactly 28 days.

And even though my confidence is a little off as to the timing of when Aunt Flo will arrive, I'm still 100% confident she will come. Likely, my anxiety about wanting my period to come is causing this delay! It feels weird to actually want it to hurry up and get here because the past 26 months, I would hope and pray for the opposite.

Maybe because I want Aunt Flo to get here, she won't come and I'll finally get my two lines and we'll have another miracle baby!

Okay...maybe not. :)

6 comments:

Rach said...

Ugh, thats frustrating!

waiting and wishing said...

I am going remain hopelessly optimistic for you, just in case! Either way, lets get this show on the road!

Anonymous said...

Maybe not?? I say.... MAYBE! I know you are afraid to hope... but don't lose all hope either. Our God is big and He is in the miracle business.
Whether it's this month or not... I KNOW we will be seeing miracles along your journey. You just need to prepare for rain. (Did you see that movie yet? "Facing the Giants?")

Christina said...

Ooooh...I'm hoping big time for you that AF won't come for the right reasons!! Nothing wrong with harboring that tiny little bit of hope inside. :)

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be awesome?! Either way, I hope you get your miracle - whether it's naturally or through IVF. Keep us posted. :)

Jessica White said...

Here's to miracles! Hopefully you're not left hanging for too much longer.