Friday, May 13, 2011

10 Weeks

How Far Along: 10 weeks! One-quarter of the way there!!!

Size of Baby: Roughly 1-1/2 inches. (The size of a prune). My uterus is the size of a grapefruit, though, which definitely attributes to the stretchy cramps I feel.

Picture of Baby: Click HERE to see the ultrasound pictures from earlier this week.

10 Weeks - Baby Johnson is swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his/her kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout my pregnancy.

If I could take a peek inside my womb, I'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.

In other developments: Baby Johnson's limbs can bend now. His/her hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his/her heart, and his/her feet may be long enough to meet in front of his/her body. The outline of his/her spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from his/her spinal cord. Baby Johnson's forehead temporarily bulges with his/her developing brain and sits very high on his/her head. (Information taken from BabyCenter's website).

Maternity Clothes: I'm ordering some from Old Navy's maternity section this weekend!

Weight Gain: Still down 4 pounds, which I don't know how on earth is possible with this belly!

Belly Pic: I figured you all might want to see my face, rather than just my belly, this time. So CHEESE! :)

Stretch Marks: None from this pregnancy...yet!

Sleep: Is my best friend. I'm averaging 10 to 11 hours each night, and that is still not enough!

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing Baby Johnson on the 10th...watching him/her move around, hearing his/her heart beat! Ah, it was all so perfect! I had told my OB-GYN I could do that all day.

Movement: It's happening...just can't feel it yet!

Symptoms: The cramping sensations were not as bad this week. I feel pulling and tugging every once and awhile, but it's not a constant feeling. My morning/afternoon/evening/night sickness is slightly better. It's kind of changed course. I don't feel nausesaus all day long anymore, which means I'm able to eat. But, keeping things down in the morning and night is still an issue. I don't feel nauseaus, but then all of a sudden BAM! It hits me. And I need a sink or toilet STAT! My main problem I've noticed is if I don't eat something every two to three hours, even if it's something small like an Otter Pop, I feel like I need to throw up. So, I'm eating more in an attempt to keep things down. LOL!

Food Cravings: Mexican food sounds good, but then again, that always sounds good to me.

Gender: OB-GYN thinks it's a boy! We might be able to definitely know at my next appointment in a few weeks. :)

What I Miss: Energy to keep up with Ella.

What I'm Looking Forward to:  I'm looking forward to so much! Finding out the baby's gender. Feeling the first kicks. Saying goodbye to morning sickness! :)

Weekly Wisdom: When feeling super cranky, as only pregnancy hormones can do to a what-should-be happy woman, just breathe and hug your husband. There is nothing like your husband's hug.

Milestones: Achieieving one-quarter of the pregnancy. It is said the first ten weeks of a pregnancy are the most crucial, so it feels good to know that baby and I did it!

Emotions: Happy and tired, but mostly happy. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful :)

Lori B. said...

Woohoo for 10 weeks!! I'm glad someone else is showing early. Even though I have twins, I still worry that its too early for none of my pants to fit :-) But oh well! I'm enjoying not "sucking in"!

foxy said...

Ohhh, Old Navy Shopping spree! I love the jeans that ordered, and am so happy to have work pants that actually fit! I'm ready to go back and start looking at tops soon. Will you showcase what you choose? I should post a review of my purchases too.

congrats on 10 weeks :)