In the first trimester, a healthy progesterone level is between 9 and 47.
When my progesterone level was taken when I had my blood draw for my second beta, it was 20. I would've thought with all the progesterone I've been pumping into my body, it would've increased more, but nope.
22.7 it is.
The nurse said it's not a worrisome number. If my doctor was concerned, he would've had me increase my progesterone dosages, but he's having me keep everything the same for a week and then go in for another blood test.
I'm just scared my level's not increasing fast enough. It hardly went up at all in five weeks!
My nurse explained that it's a good thing that it didn't decrease, even if it didn't increase all that much. She said that my body will soon take over making the necessary progesterone the baby needs and I will no longer need the supplemental treatment.
My nurse explained that it's a good thing that it didn't decrease, even if it didn't increase all that much. She said that my body will soon take over making the necessary progesterone the baby needs and I will no longer need the supplemental treatment.
As you can see in the below graph, on average, the progesterone level for nine weeks is somewhere between 25.9 and 30.0. I'm not too far behind.
For those of you who don't know, progesterone is such an important hormone to maintain a pregnancy. When progesterone levels are too low or decrease, it is a sign of an impending miscarriage.
All in all, I'm not concerned. I guess I was just expecting my levels to have increased more and for me to be in the clear to stop my injections and inserts, but it looks like I have at least another week. I know Nurse Aaron will be thrilled. :)

3 comments:
From what I know of prog.. they can vary soooo much and low ones can go onto healthy happy bubs :) I guess it's just a sign to keep on the extra prog... sending you lots of growing vibes and hugs from afar xoxo
oh the progesterone! I'm not sure that my RE has tested my levels since the beta, or even if they tested them then. Al I know is that we've been loading up on the stuff! We started with the Endometrium in the morning and PIO in the evening, and now we are weaned down to endometrium 3x day. nasty!
As glad as I will be to stop taking it in 2 weeks (per RE orders) I might just have to ask for a blood test to assure me that it is high enough to no longer need the supplemental hormone.
I hate progesterone, but it definitely has its purpose!
Hopefully at your next appt it goes up, so that you can rest easier.
http://nothingshallbeimpossible2005.blogspot.com
Post a Comment